Chapter 5: "Now who started the fight?"

Chapter 5: "Now, who started the fight?"

________

"Your room is...neat and cluttered." Drake drops down on my bed.

"Whatever." I say. I don't like the idea of Drake Parker in my bedroom.

"Can I ask you something?" He demands.

"You just did."

"Why do you hate me so much?"

"Like you care." I say.

"I'm serious." His voice is soft. I look into his eyes and I don't see a trace of sarcasm. The room is silent for a long time.

"You...you're a player. Everyone loves you, and you know it. You've had sex with almost everyone in that school. You see through everything and it's driving my crazy. I don't like how you treat women like dogs. You're a party animal. You're a criminal. You're a bad guy, and I don't like it."

"There's more to me than that. There's things that even the guys don't know."

I snicker. "Right. Like what?"

"The reason I do one night stands instead of getting a steady girlfriend is because I'll never fall in love." He runs his fingers through his blonde hair.

I find myself laughing.

"Right." I say.

"My favorite color is green." He says.

"I know."

"How?" He demands.

"Because you wear green all the time. Your bike is green. Your wallet is green. Your phone is green."

"I'll never let anyone see me cry. I never cry, ever. I vandalize to forget my home life. I haven't seen my mother since I was six."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"To make you realize that there's more to me than just...just some asshole player."

I don't say anything. "I have a sister. Her name is Olivia. She's a year older than me. She's a nerd. She looks just like my mother."

I sigh. "We need to study."

"Don't hate me cupcake."

"Stop it, Drake." I snap.

"Why? I haven't done anything wrong today!"

"Because! I'm just going to be another toy to you! I refuse to be another girl object to you!"

"This is the first girls bedroom I've ever been in."

"Bullshit!" I snap.

"I'm serious." He says. "Every lay happens at parties."

I roll my eyes. "We need to study. I'm not being another one night stand to you. I'm not even gonna be friends with you."

He let's out a frustrated growl and I sit next to him on my bed and we start to study.

We're halfway through when he stops writing and looks up at me. "I came back after I left you on Friday." He says. "You were gone."

"Liar." I say.

"I'm not lying." He says.

I ignore him and continue to help him study.

___________

"He was in your room?" Gwen demands.

"Yes."

"You rode on his bike twice?" Mel demands.