Chapter 2: "Does he smell good? Drake I mean."

Chapter 2: "Does he smell good? Drake, I mean."

______________

Mel's car comes pulling up next to me at the old run down gas station in some stupid town. I grab my bag and get in the back seat, because Gwen is in the front.

"What the hell happened?" Gwen demands.

"Nothing." I cross my arms.

"Nothing is a lie." Mel says. Thank god it's Friday. "I called your Mom and told her that you drove us to the mall and your car broke down, but some guy in the parking lot helped us out. She totally bought it. You're welcome. Oh, your parents and Haley are worried sick. It's ten thirty at night. You're soaking wet, your hair is...don't even get me started on it. You look like shit. What happened?"

"Nothing." I repeat.

"Allison Marie James, if you think we're going to drive two hours to pick you up on a Friday night and not give us any explanation, you are sadly mistaken. Start talking or we're ditching you on the side of the road." Gwen says. Mel starts driving.

I sigh. "Drake Parker happened."

Mel slams on the breaks and whips around. "Drake Parker? The Drake Parker? The hot one? The school's bad boy? Drake Parker and Trace Matthew?"

"Yes."

"What happened?" Gwen asks.

"If he finds out I told you, he's going to kill me." I say. "Or at least make me bleed. He told me so."

"We aren't going to tell anyone!" Mel says.

I sigh. "I took my test after school, and then I went to the library to work on some homework. It was nearing six, and they closed the library. I went out the side door, you know the one to the parking lot?" both of them nod. "He was there with Trace and they vandalized the school. They saw me see, and...long story short, they switched vehicles, handcuffed me to Trace's car and Drake drove me here and dropped me off on the side of the road."

"So he kidnapped you?" Gwen asks like it's the best thing ever.

"Yes."

"Does he smell good? Drake, I mean." Mel asks.

I look at her in outrage. "I don't know! He's an asshole! He ducked taped my mouth shut and he told me if I told anyone he'd make me bleed!"

Gwen smiles, running her hand through her caramel blonde hair. "He's a hot asshole, Ali, and never forget it."

"I'll never remember it, because it's not true."

"It is true. You'll see the light one day Ali, you'll see." Mel says.

I huff and throw myself back in my seat. "Just take me home."

____________

"Oh thank god!" Mom says, rushing to hug me when I walk in the door. "Oh, you're soaked!" she says.

"Yeah, it started raining."

"Why didn't you sit in the car?" Dad asks.

"Because we had to go into the food court for dinner." Mel says without a beat.

"Well it's one in the morning. Your parents said you can spend the night. How about you girls go upstairs and shower and go to bed?" Mom asks. I nod.

"Thanks." I say, and we go past them, upstairs to my bedroom. It's a simple room. My queen sized bed is in the top left corner, the headboard on the left wall and the backboard facing the right wall. Next to my bed is my cluttered nightstand. There's a TV on my dresser, along with perfume and other random things, and on the right wall, there is a door that leads to my walk in closet that's in the top right corner, right across from my bed. There's a window in between the end of my bed and the closet door. Right behind the door to my room is another door that leads to my own bathroom. In between the two doors is my desk, which is neat and tidy.

The floor is always spotless though.

I grab a pair of sleep shorts and a t-shirt and clean underwear and go and take a shower. I shave and scrub my body until its red. I wash my hair with my apple cinnamon scented shampoo and then I get out and wrap myself in a white towel. I brush my hair and tie it up in a messy bun. I hang up my towel and toss my wet dirty clothes in the hamper, and then I pull on my t-shirt and underwear and shorts. I walk out of the bathroom and Mel goes in after me. They made my bed and they've already claimed their sleeping spots.

Yes, we're seventeen year old girls. Yes, we're seniors in high school and yes, we share a bed.

No, we don't care. They've already got Netflix on.

I fall asleep before Melody (Mel) has left the bathroom.