Chapter 6: "All we're doing is breaking into Drake Parker's garage."

___________

"Sorry Cupcake, I have a party to attend." Drake says. "No studying today."

"You have a football game tonight." I say to Drake, crossing my arms.

"The party is afterward. I'll tell you about it on Monday, Cupcake."

I nod and go in the house.

Mom is standing at the window.

"Who is that boy? Why were you on a motorcycle with him? Where is your car? Are you dating him?"

"That is my study buddy." I say. "Someone stole my motor on Monday and my car has been there since. He's been giving me rides, and no, I'm not dating him. Thank god."

"What do you mean someone stole your motor?" Dad demands.

"I mean someone stole my car's motor."

"Well we have to get your car!"

"We'll get it after school Monday." I wave him off.

__________

"Ready?" Mel asks.

"Yes." I can't believe this.

"I'm scared." Gwen says.

"Me too." I admit.

"All we're doing is breaking into Drake Parker's garage." Mel says.

"When he's home." I say. It's one in the morning.

She fiddles with the lock on the garage door. It clicks, and me and Gwen peak inside. We're wearing all black. Even gloves. I'm spending the night at Mel's with Gwen. Her parents are out of town and we're breaking into Drake's garage.

His Dad's car isn't here, but his sisters is, and so is his motorcycle.

Mel slips into the garage and turns on her flashlight. Me and Mel slip inside and Gwen follows. There's a door with light coming through it and I can hear Olivia talking on the phone. I know the kitchen is right through the door and it sounds like she's in there.

"Let's just get the motor and get the hell out." I whisper. They nod. Gwen has a truck. The three of us can lift the motor and get it in the truck and we'll get my car tomorrow and I'll tell my parents I bought a new one.

We move towards the motor, and Gwen's foot hits something and a shovel comes crashing off the shelf and hits the floor with a loud crash.

Olivia's voice stops and I can hear her phone clatter.

"DRAKE!" She screams. "SOMEONE BROKE IN!" She's screaming.

I hear the sound of footsteps and the three of us lift the motor, hardly able to get it off the ground.

But we're not fast enough. The door opens and the light flicks on, and there stands Drake with a baseball bat in spongebob underwear.

We don't let him see our faces.

"Show yourself." He says.

We don't move.

"I'm calling the police." Olivia's crying.

"Not yet." Drake says. "You have five seconds before my sister presses send."

I shut my eyes.

"One." He says. We don't move. "Two." He says again. We still don't move. "Three." We don't move. "Four." I hesitate. "Five."