Chapter 3: "Get me a new shirt and you get your motor back."

_____________

Monday came way too fast, and I've been so busy looking around, making sure I don't run into Drake or Trace that I slam into Drake, my lunch covering his white t-shirt. He wears jeans, converse, a white tight muscle shirt, and a black leather jacket.

Food covers him, and my open water bottle on my tray pours all down the front of his shirt. Gasps fill the cafeteria.

Crap.

The last person that accidently did this to Drake Parker ended up with a broken wrist. That was a guy. Let's hope Drake takes pity on females.

His blue eyes get dark at the sight of me, and they darken even more when he looks down and sees his soaked shirt.

"You-you bitch!" he yells. I roll my eyes and toss my tray in the trash, crossing my arms. The cafeteria falls silent and everyone watches in anticipation. "Look what you did!" he sheds his leather jacket and right there, in front of me, he pulls his shirt off, and all the girls gasp. I see him get even angrier when I don't react to his abs. My eyes don't even widen in the slightest.

"You're not as hot as you seem to think. You're just an arrogant asshole." I say. Everyone gasps. He grabs my arm, and in seconds, he's got me pinned against the wall.

"You wanna say that again?" he hisses, his face inches from mine, his hands on either side of my head.

I can't help but notice how blue his eyes are, and how they have specks of green in them and-focus, Ali!

"Yes. I think you're an arrogant asshole. I think you're a player. I think everyone here is a fool for thinking you're hot, and I think you better get the fuck away from me before I hit you in your special place."

He smirks and backs up, crosses his arms. His biceps flex, and I refuse to look.

"You're going to feel terrible for saying that to me one day." he walks away.

"I'll never feel terrible for saying the truth." I snap. I pick my bag up from the floor. "Bastard."

He spins around to face me again. "You owe me a new shirt."

"I don't owe you anything."

"Listen, cupcake," he seethes. "I don't know who you think you are, but you don't mess up my clothes and then refuse to pay for it!"

"You'll get over it. You're used to being naked anyways."

"You wish you could see me naked." He says.

"No, I don't, and I can tell that drives you crazy. You have yourself so convinced that every girl here wants in your pants, but sorry hun, I don't. I don't give two shits about you, or your little friend. I think you're both assholes, and I'll never understand what everyone sees in you two."

"You're a bitch." He says. His eyes flash something. Hurt? I don't have enough time to really tell, because it's gone before I can really see it.

"And you're a wanker. Are we done here?"

He goes storming off, knocking a trash can over.

"A wanker with anger issues!" I say loudly, and I sit down with Mel and Gwen. The talking starts at once.

"Are you crazy?" Mel demands.

"He's not going to do anything to me." I say.

"He's hot, but he's powerful Ali, and you better watch yourself. If he finds out you told, he's going to kill you, and us too, so keep your mouth shut and watch your back. He's crazy Ali." Gwen says. I shrug.

"He's not going to find out."

_____________

I was in the Library until four, and I'm walking out to the parking lot now. It's empty, aside from a few cars. I go to my Chevy Trailblazer and get in.

I turn the key, and it doesn't even make a noise.

"What?" I mumble, turning the key three more times, trying desperately to get the car to start.

I groan and get out, and open the hood.

The motor is gone, and there's a plank of wood in its place. There's red paint on it, and it says "Get me a new shirt and you get your motor back."

I slam the hood, and I grab my bag and my keys and lock my car, and I start to walk.

Stupid fucking Drake Parker. I won't buy him a new shirt. I refuse. He'll make me look weak in front of everyone. I refuse to do it.

No, I'm dipping into my savings account and I'm buying a new fucking motor, and I'll get my car painted a different color and park it at the store across the street.

Fuck him for thinking I'm that easy.

Why must he harass me?

I'm so tempted to go and tell the principal everything I witnessed.

I pass the ice cream shop on my right, and the CVS on my left, and I trudge down my street, and through my yard, to my door. There's a note on the counter when I walk in.

Ali, Haley, your father and I are going out of town for the week. Ali, you're in charge. Haley, you better not miss the bus.

Call us if you need anything.

Love, Mom and Dad.

"Hal?" I yell. She comes running downstairs.

"Your late." She says. She's my little sister. She's thirteen.

"Yeah, my car is...broken. I had to walk."

"Why didn't you call Mel or Gwen?"

"Because they already picked me up on Friday."

She crosses her arms. "Did you really get stuck at the mall?"

"Yes."

"You're lying." She says. "Mom and Dad may be gullible, but I'm not. I think you're lying, and one day, I'm going to find out what really happened."

"Okay Haley, keep telling yourself that."

"At least admit your lying." She says.

"I'm not lying." I say. She rolls her eyes. "Since Mom isn't here, I need help with my Pre-Algebra homework. Also, I'm hungry."

"I'll help you after dinner." I say.