(002) 𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚜𝚎

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Y/n sniffled as she silently looked down at the tombstone in front of her. She choked on her tears as memories began to flood into her mind like a rollercoaster. Her fingers gently pressed against the cool smooth stone as they traced over the words engraved into the stone.

Her knees began to shake as she gently kneeled down in front of the grave as she gently placed down a handful of daisies she had bought a few hours ago. She gasped as she heard the sound branches breaking.

Her head snapped from side to side as she examined her surrounding until she turned around. She saw a figure standing not to far away with it's head tilted to the side as it examined her.

"Are you alright miss ?"

Y/n scoffed as she took in the words the figure had said. She cautiously stood up not even caring about her knees shaking as she gently wiped away the tears that were now stinging her cheeks.

"Do I look okay to you ?"

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿

that was six months ago

She still shook her head at the way the two had actually met. Meeting at a pet cemetery wasn't really the ideal way for a relationship to start. At that time Y/n didn't have the slightest clue the huge imprint the stranger would have on her for the rest of her entire life.

Y/n pretended to roll her eyes and slumped back in her chair as she began to whine over the boy across from her. He tried to sneak yet another one of her fries into his mouth, knowing perfectly well that he had his own plate of fries right next to him.

Over time the two had began to see each other around the city more often and had eventually swapped numbers. They became friends and  Y/n finally knew the name of the stranger. His name was Finn. Finn Wolfhard.

Y/n had learned that he was an actor and admired his humbleness even more. She loved that no matter how many people asked for a picture when he was crossing the street, he was still a dorky kid that loved video games.

Y/n tried to hide her blush as she noticed the small bits of ketchup smeared near the corner of Finn's mouth. She would hate to admit the feelings that had been growing for her best friend. Yet she was fine keeping her feelings a secret considering she knew they were only one sided.

Or, so she thought.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿

The day had finally arrived.

Y/n walked up the stairs of the porch into Finn's house. She smiled at Finn's mother as she walked past her and made her way towards Finn's room.

She remembered the day vividly. She remembered the rain even more specifically. She took notice of the rain drops tapping against the window above Finn's desk. She could've sworn that the rain was almost synchronized with the speed of Y/n's heart beat.

"Finn I think I love you. And I think it's more than in a friendship type of way." Looking down at her shoes Y/n refused to look up. She was to scared to see the look on Finn's face as he took in the words she had just said.

On the other hand, Finn was in pure shock. A mixture of emotions pumped through his veins as he looked down nervously before trying to pick out his words as carefully as he could.

"I love you too Y/n."

Y/n looked up with a pure look of happiness in her eyes as they began to gloss with tears that were threatening to spill at any time.

"Maybe just not as much as I used too." 

Y/n stopped her self from running towards Finn as she heard his full response. She was normally one to not show her emotions publicly so she simply nodded. She tried to ignore the heartbreak that had flooded her body as she walked away from Finn.

She ran outside letting the rain surround her from all angles as she slowly walked back home. She knew there was a chance of getting rejected yet she couldn't help but have slight hope that it would end well.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿

The next day Y/n made a decision. She hated having an invisible border between her and Finn. She knew the only way they could go back to the way it was, was to just leave the situation in the past.

So that morning she slipped on the first pair of shoes she had found and made her way back towards Finn's house once again. She knocked on the door as she eagerly waited for Finn to answer, yet when she was met with Finn's mother instead she knew something was wrong .

That same day she had learned that her bestfriend had packed his bags and left without a single reason why. He left Y/n alone to deal with loneliness and heartbreak, not even caring about her reaction towards it.

Now, all Y/n could think about was the emotion Finn had chosen to show the night before. Remorse.

✰            ✰            ✰             ✰

Special thanks to @SuckMyPlusUltraDick for the idea ! I really appreciate the help <3