Part V

A couple of days had passed and you couldn't take your mind off, of the man you met at Allerdale Hall, Thomas. You don't know how many you've done it but you have sketches of him on your notebook, sketchpad and even on your journal. The novel you were writing was completely forgotten. You don't want to admit it but you know you will give in eventually.

"This sounds crazy but I think I am falling for you," you said tracing his face on your sketchpad "Why? Of all time, why now? This is madness, how someone can fall for someone they just met, how feelings bloom with a matter of seconds or hours." rolling into your bed, you stared at the ceiling wishing that you are with Thomas. You enjoyed the conversations you had with him, he didn't say much about himself but you can tell that he is a good guy that hides a secret. Whatever that secret may be, you want to know it.

"Oh, Thomas, how are you? I am just passing by," you said looking at your reflection in the mirror "No, that sounds like I'm stalking him. How about." clearing your throat "Thomas, I just came to visit you. No! I made it sounds like he is sick!" you were getting frustrated and you just want to see him then your phone rang and you answered "Hello."

"And she is alive!" it was Josh and he doesn't sound happy.

"Hi, Josh, how are you?" you greeted cheerfully.

"Where the hell are you? You are not in London!" he asked emphasizing his question.

"I am still in the United Kingdom and it is still London," you smartly answered but you know you should have done that.

"[Y/N] if you are not my friend I had already beheaded you."

"Actually, I am your friend so you can't behead me," you respond and you can hear Josh groaned on the other line.

"Just tell me that you are done with the novel." He said taking a deep breath.

"Almost done." it came out like a question.

"Is that you saying that you are not halfway done." Josh's voice was monotonous that you are not sure how to respond.

"Look, I'll be back in few days. I just need to settle something here and I found a great inspiration, it's called Allerdale Hall. The place looks like a haunted house and the inside was amazing!" you excitedly told him.

"You've met someone." Josh utter making you speechless "You didn't respond, so it is true. [Y/N], you better be careful with strangers in strange places."

"He is a nice guy, he owns the place." you unconsciously defending Thomas.

"This is worse than I thought, you are in love with him."

"What?! He saves my life and he is nice to talk too."

"You are definitely in love." Josh finally calmed down "And I thought you have lost the ability to fall in love." he chuckled.

"Hey!"

"I'm just saying. Look, just do what you have to do and finish the novel. You have a deadline. Bye."

"Bye."

Putting your phone down, you have to admit that Josh was right but looking at Thomas's portrait, a part of you was screaming - screaming to be reckless and follow your heart. Without any second thought, you took your bag and jacket, you need to see him. No more excuses, you just want to see him, even for just a glimpse.

"Sorry." you bumped into someone and your belongings were all over the floor "I'm really sorry and would like to help you but I'm in a hurry."

You dashed with Thomas' face on your mind. You wanted to say that you are crazy but you were just following your instinct. Not that long, you were standing in front of their front door. Your heartbeat was getting out of control but a smile appeared on your face. You've nock several times but there were no answers. The smile on your face was slowly fading then you heard a piano playing. It sounds beautiful yet sad, you can feel it in every key. The song was telling a story, a story started so strong but us the melody continues it started to soften, it showing longing and ending of innocence

"Don't!" Thomas familiar voiced echoes "[Y/N], don't go there." he said walking toward you then you realized that your hand was on the doorknob.

"I'm sorry, I thought that it was you playing," you said letting go of the doorknob and somehow you saw a sign of relief on Thomas' face.

"That's my sister and she doesn't want to be disturbed when she is playing." Thomas reasoned out.

"She plays beautifully," you said with admiration looking at the door separating you from her.

"What are you doing here?" Thomas asked.

"I... I just want to take another look at Allerdale Hall. It became my inspiration for the novel I am writing." you were surprised by your own answer but somehow it is true.

"An old creepy manor?" he sounds amused.

"Yes, I told you about it, right," you said as you get a nod for an answer, "I think this place is perfect as inspiration."

"And I thought that you are here to see me." Thomas caressed your cheek with the back of his hand but he moves away immediately "I'm sorry, I am only...."

"You can say that too, I actually want to see you," you said smiling at him.

"You do?" Thomas smiled back.

"Yes, I had fun talking to you."

Thomas was about to answer when you heard the music suddenly change, it became intense like it was angry "We should go somewhere else." he looks worried "Follow me."

You followed him. Looking behind, you saw the door clicked open. You are not sure or maybe your eyes were playing with you, there was a dark smoke figure peeking from the door.

|End of Part V|