Part VIII

You've lost count on how many times you've turned the pages or close the book and open it. You know that nothing will change on the page and all of your questions will not be answered. Josh already trying to get information about the author, Edith M. Cushing. Then Lucille's words keep repeating at the back of your head like she was there whispering those words.

"Am I dreaming?" you whispered "Am I going insane? If this is a dream I don't want to wake up and if I'm going insane I don't want to be sane again." The day seems longer than night, you just want to see Thomas "Why do I have to wait if I can go there right now?"

Getting into your feet, you took your bad, coat, and you went to Allerdale Hall. Under the afternoon daylight, the mansion looks deserted and not a single sign of life can be seen. But somehow, you will feel that the mansion is alive and it is using its elegant gothic aura to lure you in. You were getting closer to the gate when your phone rang, it was Josh.

"Hey, did you find something?" you said answering your phone.

"I got few but I found a resource, I'm waiting here as well. [Y/N], can you at least tell me why you suddenly have interest with this author?" Josh asked.

"She... She is the author of the book I'm reading right now."

"[Y/N], you can do better than that." Josh responded not believing a word you said.

"It is the truth, I just love her book and I can't believe that a book like this is not being recognized," you honestly said, well not fully being honest. The reason why you want to know if you can get an answer to your questions.

"Fine, I will continue to get more information about Edith Cushing but [Y/N] I need you to resend me your novel, some pages seem to be missing." Josh responded.

"Sure, I'll do it tonight," you answered.

"That's going to be a problem. I'm going to meet up with the book publisher over dinner and they are demanding the copy." Josh explained and you have no choice but to go back to your inn.

"Give me an hour."

"Sure, I'll wait for your email. I will keep you updated, bye."

"Thank you. Bye," you said hanging up.

You have no choice but to go back, you rode the bike you rented and in few minutes you were back in your inn. Double checking the file, you hit send and the clock said it is 5:42 pm. A heavy sighed escape your lips. Having an early dinner, you sat by the window and watched as the rain started to pour down.

"And I just want to see you," you said playing with your food.

That night you waited for the rain to stop and when it did without any hesitation you jump onto the bike and go to Allerdale Hall. When you arrived, the gate and door were open so you invited yourself in.

"[Y/N], Darling is that you?" it was Lucille.

"I'm sorry if I let my self in. The door was open." you politely said.

"You are always welcome," she said leading you to the living area.

"I heard you play the other night, you are amazing," you said seeing the piano on the corner.

"I played it for Thomas. Do you play the piano?" Lucille asked as she signed you to sit beside her.

"No, not really," you answered.

"Oh forgive me you are a writer, I forgot. Forgive me." Lucille has this thin smile on her face.

"None taken." you simply answered.

"So, I assume that you are here because you don't want to give up on Thomas." Lucille started "For a few days that he didn't see you, I can tell that he misses you. The way he looked outside of the window waiting for you to come back."

"But you said he is still waiting for his wife."

"[Y/N], my dear, no. Thomas change ever since he met you, I know my brother and I can tell that you have captured his heart." Her words were like spell making you forget all the doubts you have "[Y/N], you can take his wife's place if you want to."

"How?" you asked looking at her in the eyes.

"Simple, all you have to do..."

"[Y/N]!" Thomas was rushing into the room.

"Thomas," you said standing up.

"Lucille, please, don't do this." Thomas' voice was shaking, begging his sister to stop what she was doing "This is enough."

"Thomas, I'm doing this for you." Lucille's voice was so gentle but he knows that there is madness under that gentle appearance she was showing "I know that you love [Y/N] yet you are pushing her away." she stood beside you, placing her hands on your shoulder "She loves you too."

"We both know exactly why you are doing this. I'm beginning you, let her go." Thomas walked closer to you, reaching for you "[Y/N], listen to me, you have to go."

"But I want to stay with you. I want to know if Lucille is telling that truth, that you love me too."

"Some words are not meant to be spoken. [Y/N], you must go and never come back. This is not real. This is not what you want." Thomas respond wasn't good enough.

"No! Do you still love her, your wife?" you asked even the answer may break your heart "Are you still waiting for her to come back?"

|End of Part VIII|