Part VI

You don't know if your eyes were playing tricks on you, you can tell that at the door there was a myst shaped like a woman but even before you can take a closer look Thomas stood in front of you, blocking the view.

"[Y/N], are you okay?" He asked with full of concern.

"Yes, I just thought I saw. Ahm, never mind." You said smiling at him which he returned.

"I was afraid that you will not come back." Thomas honestly said. This actually left you off guard "I mean, we didn't properly say goodbye."

"Well, I'm not that horrible of a person not to properly thank you for your hospitality." You responded.

Thomas fixed the fire and you two talked as if time doesn't exist. Once again, you found yourself captive with him; His eyes glitter with the fire burning at the fireplace, his lips move as if it is seducing you to kiss it, his voice that is so calm and hypnotizing, and you can't help but keep falling deeper in love with him.

"[Y/N], are you still listening?" Thomas chuckled softly.

"Yes, it is just... Thomas every time you mentioning my name, I felt joy that I couldn't explain." you started "When I am with you everything doesn't seem to matter."

"[Y/N], stop." Thomas' voice was soft but somehow it came out like a warning.

"I'm sorry. I guess you don't feel the same." each word you said cuts your heart.

"I'm sorry, [Y/N], I really do. I don't know how to tell you but the feelings you have for me needs to be forgotten." Thomas gentle tone wasn't enough to ease the pain.

"You don't need to apologize, Thomas. I let my self-fall and... And now, I have to accept that you don't feel the same." your gaze was fixed on the table. Thomas does know what to say. The two of you became quite. You never thought that you'll fall for him so fast and got your heart broken "What am I think? We only met once and now here I am telling you how I feel. I didn't even get a chance to tell you the word love yet I am already rejected."

"You don't know me, you will not love me if you know that real me." there was anger in his tone every time he said the word me "I am not the type of guy who will make you happy."

"Then tell me so I can learn to accept it."

"How can you accept me if I, myself couldn't accept my own self," Thomas quietly said, looking at you.

"Little by little maybe..."

"[Y/N], I can't return your feelings." Thomas cut you off but it didn't stop you.

"I'm leaving soon, I don't know when I am coming back." you can feel your heart breaking but with a little hope, you looked at Thomas with a smile "Maybe you can join me for lunch or dinner tomorrow?"

Thomas doesn't need a word, you can tell by looking at his expression. He will not go out with you. He has this sorry look on his face and the longer you look at him, your heart continuously break. Taking a deep breath you stood up, polite nod your head then leave.

The cold breeze suddenly embraced you the moment you step out of the mansion. You crossed your arms around you but it still feels so cold. Tears fall on your cheeks, leaving wet trails. You went to the park and lay on the bench, staring at the night sky. The sky was clear that you can see the stars and it's so beautiful and the moon was magnificent. But your eyes started to water again. Why it has to be so painful? How can a man make such a big impact on you?

That night, you went back to your inn with a broken heart. Real emotions, real pain is a good source of motivation. You found yourself writing again, words came out and the sun was rising then a story was created.

"I see him as my light, the one who will guide me in the darkness, the one that will show me the right path but I was wrong. It turned out that he is the evil behind the darkness." You read looking at the screen of your laptop, a heavy sighed left your lips "[Y/N] what the hell are you doing? He didn't do anything to make him that bad. Well, he did reject your feelings and now you are in great pain." You said talking to yourself "but that will make him a bad person."

Jumping into bed, your eyes became heavy until you were completely asleep. Hours passed, the sun has already set and the moon lightens up the night sky. It was a long and deep sleep, just what you needed. But somehow, your heart still aches and even a good bath didn't fix it. Seeing your reflection in the mirror, something change. Getting your jacket, you let your feet dragged you and now, you stood in front of Allerdale Hall. There was no light coming out from the house then suddenly a light emitted from one of the windows. A figure of a woman appeared, her hand was waving like she was asking you to come closer and you did. Getting closer, the woman slender figure became more vivid, she has proud cheekbones, thin lips, and a jet black hair, just like Thomas'.

|End of Part VI|