Chapter 1 Book 1

My brother and I approached a cave deep in the mountains of Germany. A cave belonging to the Necromancer. A creature, among others,  once forgotten by time, much like the two of us. We looked at each other with a slight reassuring nod before silently stepping inside.

The cave instantly lit up, torches lining the walls, the faint echo of footsteps approaching. We watched as a shadow grew before finally turning a corner. The Necromancer staring us down curiously.

"Well, well, well, I've heard a lot about the two of you." He said with a devilish grin, his voice deep and raspy.

"The Mikaelson twins forgotten by time, you know the three of us have a lot in common. We were forgotten. But that leads me to the undeniable question. How did you know of me?"

I raised my brow, arms crossed. "Let's just call it intuition. Now cut the shit, I'm sure you know why we're here."

"Oh a feisty one you are, just like your sister"
I flinched slightly at the mention of Hope. "Now tell me, why would I help the two of you?"

"Malivore is back. Freed from his own prison. He's coming for you as we speak."
"But do as we say and we can grant you protection," Ashton added.

The necromancer grew visually uncomfortable. Returning to Malivore was his greatest fear, which is exactly why we were going to use it against him.

"I was promised freedom if I could bring him the knife. I did just that. Why should I believe you?" His voice slightly shaky despite trying his best to hide it.

"Malivore was created to rid the earth of beings like you. Do you truly think he'd grant you freedom if he didn't think he could recapture you?" I crossed my arms.

"Well it doesn't matter, he can't find me here. He's back in America."

Ashton rolled his eyes, "don't believe us? Fine, but don't say we didn't warn you" he used a spying spell to show the creature closing in. He was far enough that we weren't worried for the time being. But he'd arrive within the hour.

"Follow me" he muttered angrily. Disappearing quickly into the cave. Drawings covered the walls illuminated by the torches. Not graffiti, more like legends immortalized through carvings in the cold stone. I was in a trance, only breaking free when I walked into a wall. "Ouch" I thought to myself silently, grateful no one saw.

Eventually the torches stopped, leading into a small room of sorts with various pieces of furniture scattered throughout. It was grey and dull with the only light shining in from the remainder of the cave. But work with what you've got I suppose. My brother and the Necromancer were already inside awaiting my arrival. I sat on the old couch next to Ashton, the Necromancer standing across from us.

"Took you long enough. Now what is it you want from me?" He questioned dramatically sitting in a nearby chair.
"Bring back Klaus and Elijah Mikaelson" my voice cold and harsh.
"And what of the Hollow? He comes back, it comes with him."
"We already took care of it. It's no longer of any concern."
"Dark magic? We're going to get along just fine.... I'll do as you wish in return for my safety as promised. But be quick we must leave immediately after."
"Done" my brother and I said in unison.

He reached out his hands for us to seal the deal. Standing we took his hands whispering a protection spell.

"The two of you might want to take a few steps back" he warned.

We did as told, immediately after what looked like a portal began to open. "Time for your curtain call," his voice echoed into the swirling mass of darkness.

After a few moments two people stepped out. I felt my throat tighten. I glanced to Ashton, who appeared to be in shock.

"Why are we here?" Klaus said threateningly glaring at the Necromancer. "Why don't you ask them?" he gestured towards us, opening his arms in our direction.

"Ashton? Phoenix?" His eyes instantly softened, full of remorse. "I'm so sorry, I should've killed Kai when I had the chance."

"It's okay, it doesn't matter anymore. He's gone." I replied awkwardly.

"I hate to interrupt such a beautiful reunion, but we really must be going NOW" the Necromancer said sarcastically, quickly growing irritated and frantic. He was right, Malivore would be here any minute now.

"What are you talking about?" Elijah asked growing concerned.

"We'll explain everything later, but we have to go now." Ashton replied attempting to usher them out of the cave.