Chapter 4 Book 1

"We are tribrids, a witch, werewolf and vampire all in one, and you are Roman Sienna." I said holding out my hand to help him up. He gently placed his hand in mine, a slight shiver crawled up my spine. I ignored the feeling as I pulled him off the floor.

Our eyes met, his hand lingering in mine. I couldn't help but take in his features. After a few moments I shook myself out of my trance, shyly turning away to hide the blush rising in my cheeks. I could still feel his eyes on me. Ashton raised a brow curiously at me causing me to regain my composure, "right then," I said glancing at Roman.

"I'm sorry about my brother. He's a little bit..." I paused looking him up and down. "rough around the edges."

He didn't say anything at first, still in a state of shock. "How- how'd your clothes change with you?" He finally muttered.

"Pardon?" Ashton glanced to me, slightly concerned.

"Your clothes. When you turned human again they came back with you. I've never seen anything like that."

I let out a small chuckle shaking my head, " out of everything you could've asked you ask about our clothes? They're charmed to turn with us." I stated as though it were obvious.

"Dude are you okay? Do you need some blood or something?" Ashton asked, silently wondering why the vampire was acting so strange. "Blood that isn't my sisters," he added protectively.

"What? Oh um.... yeah, that would be great" Roman tore his eyes away from me for the first time since I saved him.

He sat on the couch taking the blood bag, emptying it in a matter of seconds. I could see something change in his eyes as he took the last sip. He glared at Ashton.

"Wait a minute you tried to kill me," his voice deepened slightly as his anger grew. When he shifted his attention back to me his gaze visibly softened "And you, how did you know my name?" He was oddly calmer when speaking to me.

I felt a pit form in my stomach as my heart rate increased.

"I woke up to someone rummaging in my room, what exactly did you expect?" Ashton crossed his arms leaning against the doorway with a hint of sarcasm noticeable in his voice.

"You're a recruiter for the Salvatore school, we aren't the only supernaturals living in hiding. Word gets around when someone comes looking for people like us." I added calmly meeting his gaze, in hopes it would break some of the growing tension.

He took in our answers looking us over. "Your the alpha then?" He gestured towards me. "If that's what you want to call it sure but tribrids don't exactly run in packs." I sat on an old table across from him.
"Wait there are more of you?"
Ashton and I looked to each other before responding. "There is one. But you won't find her in these parts" I shifted my weight from one side to the other. "Technically not a lie" I convinced myself repeating the phrase in my mind.
"Wait if you aren't the alpha why'd he back down after you showed up?" His brows furrowed slightly.
"If there's one thing you should know about Phoenix, it's that you never want to get on her bad side," Ashton answered, I opened my mouth to protest but closed it giving a slight nod in agreement.

A/N: I know this chapter is a bit short & I apologize. I'll try to make the next chapter longer than normal to make up for it. I'm also extremely sorry it took so long to update, I hit writers block and just couldn't bring myself to work on this story. The next chapter should be up within the next week. Thank you all for being patient with me, I'm eternally grateful for all of you. Xx.