Chapter 5 Book 1

"Right..." he paused eyeing me curiously. "Since you already know who I am I'm sure you know why I'm here. Well what do you say? Will you come back to the Salvatore school with me?" His gaze still fixated on me. I could feel butterflies stirring in my stomach.

"Would you excuse us for a moment?" Ashton asked, grabbing my arm and pulling me in the opposite direction before Roman could even open his mouth to respond. I freed my arm from his grasp but continued to follow him down the hallway quietly scolding him. He opened the door to the room we'd been using to return Klaus and Elijah's memories ushering me inside. The room already had a silencing charm on it so it was our best option. Not even vamp ears would be able to hear what was going on inside.

The Necromancer was anxiously sitting on a stool in the room beside Klaus's bed. "Oh there you are, you coward." I taunted him. "I'm no coward!" He exclaimed. "I'm thousands of years old, I could've easily protected myself if I wanted to. But you deary promised me protection from Malivore. If that were to be him outside, well, that would be your problem not mine." He huffed, crossing his arms almost smugly.

"Sounds like a coward to me," I smirked.

"Phoenix focus," Ashton snapped. "What are we going to do?"

"Well if you ask me it's obvious," I crossed my arms. "We go back to the Salvatore school with Roman. It's the closest we've been to getting any more potential leads in months." I shrugged.

He facepalmed rubbing his temples, "well obviously we're going with him. I meant what are we going to do about these three? We can't exactly bring them with us." He gestured to the Necromancer, and two sleeping men. "They're supposed to be dead and well... we both know what Necromancer did to those at the school."

"Excuse me, hi, yeah hate to interrupt but it's actually the Necromancer. You forgot to say the before Necromancer, okay continue." He waved his hands at us for us to continue our conversation.

"Oh I'm sorry what was that? You don't want our protection anymore?" I smirked with a slight glare at the Necromancer.
"Necromancer it is," he exclaimed.
"That's what I thought." I smiled before returning my attention to my twin.

"We compel them of course. After tonight they should have enough of their memories back anyway." I turned to face Necromancer once more, "how would you like to go back to New Orleans with your best friend?" I asked smiling, tilting my my head slightly to a sleeping Klaus.

"You don't have to ask me twice love. As long as I've got that protection spell of yours I don't bloody care where I end up," he grinned mischievously, causing my stomach to churn. I shook the feeling away. Something would have to be done to keep him out of trouble in our absence.

"See problem solved," I chirped facing Ashton who appeared mildly annoyed. He rolled his eyes, "yea whatever, get them up we need to do this now so we can get out of here," he nodded at Klaus and Elijah.

I groaned, walking in between the beds to wake them up. "Why do I always have to do everything?" I thought to myself.

I placed a hand on each of their heads. "Rise and shine," I said, silently using a spell to force them awake. They both shot into a seated position looking around frantically. "What's going on?!" Elijah shouted still trying to take in his surroundings.

"Woah calm down, it's just us." Ashton raised his hands slowly almost in surrender. "We're going to compel you." I slapped Ashton in the back of the head for the second time tonight glaring at him. "Don't tell them that." I growled.

Before either of them could protest we were each at either of their sides. "You are to go to New Orleans with the Necromancer. Find Freya, tell her you both faked your deaths, that some witches used dark magic to get rid of the Hollow for good. You had to stay with them, keeping yourselves secret until recently when they finally deemed it safe for you to return. But that is all you can say about that.
Tell her about Malivore, about Hope. Learn whatever you can but, you can not speak of either of us. We are to remain your deepest darkest secrets." Ashton and I said in unison. You see part of being a tribrid, or perhaps the dark magic used on us as children to enhance or as kai liked to say "gift" us with new abilities, allows us to compel anyone or anything. Regardless of their own abilities or species. The only creatures it doesn't work on is well each other.

"Your turn" I grinned at Necromancer now standing in front of him. "Your Necromancy powers are useless, you are unable to raise the dead or take control of anyone without our go ahead. Just like Klaus an Elijah you can not talk about us with anyone who doesn't already know of our existence. Should you find a way to break the compulsion the protection spell will instantly be broken and we will personally return you to Malivore."

I returned to Ashton's side before continuing to speak. "Right, now that's over with we should probably tell you we have been invited to the Salvatore school. Obviously we will be going but taking the three of you is too big a risk which is why you all will be headed to New Orleans at daybreak, we will be long gone before you awaken. Now sleep, you have a long trip ahead of you." I watched each of them drift into a peaceful slumber with the help of a sleeping spell.