Chapter 2 Book 1

We began our long journey back to civilization, crossing over to France in the process. The terrain of the mountains was rough, some areas covered in snow and ice. 

"So why exactly did you bring us back?" Elijah asked, stepping over a fallen tree.
"Hope sacrificed herself to Malivore, we can't figure out how to get her out." Ashton answered mindlessly.
"Hope?" Klaus said curiously.
"You.... you don't remember?" I turned to face them.
They just looked at one another confused.
My heart dropped. We thought they'd remember. That Malivore couldn't reach the memories of the dead, we knew Kai couldn't. The Necromancer remembered her since he was once a victim of the monster himself. 

"We're sorry," Klaus took a step forward, I stepped back in response.

"She's your daughter... you both died protecting her" the Necromancer chimed in.
"You knew about this?!" He growled.
"Of course I did. You weren't talking about her recently so I didn't bring her up. How was I supposed to know she went to Malivore?" He tried shrugging it off.
"And who the hell is Malivore?"
"Malivore is a monster created by a witch, vampire and werewolf. He was created to rid the earth of monsters, taking the memory of their existence with them." I stated.
"The only thing that can destroy him is a witch, vampire and werewolf. She thought since she was a tribrid she could do it. But it didn't work, and now we don't know what to do." Ashton added.

Klaus sat on a large rock running his hands through his hair. "I can't believe this."

"So if you knew where the Necromancer was why didn't you bring us back sooner?" Elijah asked.
"We don't believe in reviving the dead. This was a last resort." I shrugged.
The two looked hurt but what was I supposed to say?
Ashton glared at me, "Well we don't" I thought to myself crossing my arms.
"...but on the bright side you're here now and we can bring back your memories." He chirped.
"Whats the catch?"
"It'll be a long and painful process.... it also involves dark magic."
"Let's go," Klaus cut the conversation short storming deeper into the forest.

No one dared to speak as tensions grew high. It was only several hours later when we found an old abandoned house that someone broke the silence.

"Well this is as good a place as any to stay the night" the Necromancer said walking inside, immediately taking the couch. I cringed slightly but I suppose it was an upgrade from what he had in the cave.

The house was covered in dust and cobwebs, but it was fully furnished. It appeared as though the owners left in a hurry, never to return. The floors creaked with every step I took, sending shivers up my spine. I've stayed in a lot of questionable places but this felt different, almost familiar.

Everyone ended up finding their own rooms to try and relax for the night. The Necromancer took the couch despite there being enough rooms for him to have his own. He's an odd creature indeed.

I was staring at the ceiling when Ashton walked in my room for the night.

"We really need to start bringing back their memories now." He sat on the bed, I groaned sitting up, resting my head on his shoulder.
"I know, I'm dreading it. It'll be hard on them, of course, but it's going to drain our energy."
"It'll be okay. We still have some blood bags, it'll help." I instantly perked up. I'd missed the feeling of blood on my fangs.

I went in one of the downstairs bedrooms prepping the beds while Ashton got Klaus and Elijah. We decided at the last minute they'd need to be strapped down. Klaus specifically being a hybrid.

Eventually the three walked in, Ashton had already filled them in on everything. Klaus and Elijah laid on either bed. I strapped in Elijah while Ashton handled Klaus. "These straps are spelled. You won't be able to move once they're on." Ashton explained.

Once everything was ready we lit a candle in a circle of ash, we both slit our palm over it allowing our blood to mix with the hot wax. Before the wounds could heal we made Klaus and Elijah drink some of our blood.

I placed the hand without the cut on Elijah's head, Ashton did the same with Klaus. Ashton held my free hand with his, our blood mixing as the wounds close.

"Memoriam reditus" we chanted in unison.

The house began to shake, my eyes turned yellow and fangs grew as if I were transforming into my wolf form. I tried fighting it but there was no use, all of my focus had to be on the spell. Elijah began convulsing on the bed while Klaus was screaming unbearably loud.

We kept going until we both collapsed, completely drained.

The Necromancer walked in about to ask something when he realized the state we were in. "I'll come back later" he hurriedly left closing the door behind him. I laid on the floor catching my breath before getting up to leave the room as well. We'd leave them there overnight and reevaluate the situation in the morning.

I went to my room, collapsing on the bed, asleep before my head even hit the pillow.

I woke up the next morning with two bags of blood on the nightstand. I chugged them, slowly regaining my energy from the night before.