Fire And Rain

So Harry and Bambi are back with more drama and romance. Enjoy, vote, and please tell me what you think! - Allie.

.

In Holmes Chapel, summer always began with a thunderstorm.

The biggest one Harry had ever seen occurred when he was around six years old. He woke up one morning, and the sky was so dark that he thought it was still night. His sister said storms like this happened when two supernatural forces were fighting each other. Harry actually believed it until he was taught about lightning and thunder at school.

The heavy rain lasted for two days, and once it was over, his entire garden was ruined. All those flowers his mum had grown and loved dearly were scattered all over the muddy ground. The only thing that had survived through that storm was the treehouse built by his dad.

Harry remembered asking his mother how his treehouse could survive through a storm so savage. "It was love that protected it," Anne told him. "As long as you love it with all your heart, not even nature's cruelest punishments could knock it down."

The boy was so happy with that answer. It gave him faith, that once he loved something or someone, love would keep them by his side, safe and sound forever. But now that he wasn't a kid anymore, he knew it wasn't true. Thea loved him, and he didn't stay. He loved her, and now she was gone. They loved each other, still, they hurt each other.

As for the tree, on one rainy afternoon, he was in his London home watching the news about the storm in Holmes Chapel. It was the biggest thunderstorm in fifty years, much bigger than the one he'd seen when he was six. He had no reason to worry though. His family didn't live there anymore.

Gemma stayed in Manchester with her new boyfriend. Anne was on vacation with his stepfather Robin. A part of him kept telling himself that the tree he loved would survive like before. But when he received a call from his sister, his heart dropped to the bottom of his chest. Gemma sounded so anxious on the phone as she told him their entire garden had been destroyed last night.

This time, nothing was left unharmed.

Harry had never thought he would return to Holmes Chapel like this, if at all. He'd heard from Bradford, Thea's father, that the roof of his childhood home was damaged. Now rainwater was leaking down from the attic, flooding his bedroom and the second-floor bathroom. Both him and Gemma must go back to see how much fixing the house needed. Probably a lot, he assumed.

"I already patched the holes on the roof, but it's only for temporary," Harry said as he walked into the kitchen. Gemma stood with her back against the counter and her head hung low. He meant to ask her about their backyard. But he didn't think it would be necessary now that the answer was written all over her face.

"It's..." She sucked in a breath, letting it all out. "It's basically a swamp out there. You should see it for yourself. The tree was rooted...and knocked down the fence between our house and the Emersons'. I just talked to Thea and Bradford. From what I heard they probably had it worse."

"Thea's home?" His heart lit up to the sound of her name. Gemma silently nodded. From the look in his eyes, she could see that half of him wanted to meet Thea again, but the other half must protect his wounded heart.

It'd been a year since the last time he saw her in the treehouse with Isaac. Though he had stopped talking to them both, he still heard about them from Niall. Apparently, Isaac and Thea became close friends after her father's wedding. Isaac never stopped pursuing her, and they'd been together for a month now. That was all Harry knew.

"I wanna sell this house."

Gemma looked at him with her face contorted. She might think he wasn't serious, that this was an impulsive decision. But Harry had actually spent the entire day pondering it, he wasn't out of his mind.