From Now On

After this chapter, I will take a two-week break to study for my finals. I'll be back on July 5 with chapter 5. Thank you so much for reading! Please vote and comment! :) - Allie.

.

Harry wished he had a better reason to show up here. Any other reason, just not Thea.

In a year, the only 'conversation' he had with Isaac was at the hospital, when Isaac said "I'm glad you're safe", and he replied, "thank you for showing up." So if he told a stranger how close they used to be, he doubted that person would believe him. Everything was his fault and he had a lot of nerves to show up at Isaac's studio only to ask about Thea.

But what else could he do? Many people were worried about her, himself included. She was the girl he loved, too, and he needed to make sure she was okay. She had been just fine when they met at the bookstore this morning. So as unpleasant as Harry knew this confrontation might be, he had been so eager to talk to Isaac to find out why.

Sadly, the feeling wasn't mutual.

Isaac walked toward him. No, he walked toward the door behind him, actually. His serene blue eyes were ice cold as he switched off the last light in the room, making it obvious that he wanted no guest. With a flat but cautionary tone, he said, "we can talk tomorrow. I'm getting ready to leave."

Harry didn't let him through, he took a large stride to stand in Isaac's way, trying his best to remain calm as he muttered, "it's about Thea."

Isaac scoffed, shaking his head. "Of course it is."

"No, you don't get it—"

"Shouldn't you be more concerned about Ruby? One at a time, mate."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Harry asked when Isaac pushed right past him. The tension was obvious but Harry should've seen this coming. He knew better than anyone the consequences of silence. Silence turned to suppressed emotions which turned to anger, so here he was, dealing with what he had started in the first place.

"It means what it means," Isaac said through gritted teeth. He had never used violence in his life, but his words right now weren't different from a powerful punch. "Since you and Ruby are back together now, you should worry about her instead of following Thea everywhere she goes."

Harry remained as still and pallid as a corpse, unresponsive to his best friend's attack. He wasn't usually good at tolerance, Isaac was. But right now, the situation had changed them both. Harry sucked in a breath, ignoring the mean accusation, because what Isaac thought of him didn't matter anymore.

"Nobody knows where she is," he blurted, stopping the other man the second he attempted to walk away. "Her father called me earlier. They were supposed to meet up at 5 PM but she didn't show up. He couldn't reach her nor you, so he called me. I already came to the bookstore but Alice said she'd already left. That's why I'm here, I just want to make sure she's okay."

The reaction Harry received wasn't one he wanted to see. He had assumed Isaac must've known where Thea was. She was his girlfriend after all. So why was he giving Harry this look, as if he was just as clueless as everyone else?

"I-I left my phone at home..." Isaac stuttered as he shook his head. "Have you gone to her place?"

"Yeah, but she wasn't there," Harry uttered. "You haven't spoken to her?"

Isaac let out a controlled breath, as if the words he wanted to say were still circulating his mind, not yet ready to flow outward. Harry wished he could fill up this grim silence with just anything, but he knew better than to speak up. And so he waited for an answer, one he couldn't have seen coming.