VI. REBIRTH OF THE UNLOVED

I THINK YOU MADE ME GROW A HEART.

/

It is you who planted such calamity in my chest! You with that wicked smirkit's not even the witching hour and you've forced me to cast this spell upon myself, and now I've been kissed by Mania for I'm just a lonely ghost of translucent death.

/

IT STINGS! YOUR LOVE STINGS!

/

You've glued your fingerprints to my abdomen and now my body is a crime scene.

/

HOW DO I MAKE IT STOP? HOW DO I ERASE YOU FROM THE HISTORY OF MY SKIN?

/

Your body heat is the only thing keeping my mind warm with sweet thoughts about these eerie glows you ignite in my veins.

/

OH, IT'S BEATING NOW!

/

I'm trying my best to hate you but I cannot be anything other than in love, so I shall die soon, because you'll eat this heart you've planted inside me just so you can whisper in my ear "to be rebuilt, you must crumble first" afterwards.

/

WHY DO HUMANS NOT RIP THIS THING OUT OF THEIR CHEST?

/

Thump. Thump. Lovebird. Thump. Thump.
The rhythm isn't steady.
Thump. Lovebird. Thump. Lovebird. Thump.
It's so heavy.
Lovebird. Lovebird. Thump. Lovebird. Thump.
The sound is deafening.
Lovebird. Lovebird. Lovebird. Lovebird. Thump.
It's a disease.
Lovebird. Lovebird. Lovebird. Lovebird. Lovebird.

/

IF I DON'T TOUCH IT, MAYBE IT WILL ROT.

/

But maybe if you tell me that you're mine one more time I'll feed this creature in my chest with your kisses and it will grow enough strength to love you and survive your divine chaos. Maybe if you promise me it's okay to have a heart, I'll force myself to believe you and I'll fill out the holes it was birthed with—do you think your wings could fit in them?

/

THE HEART HAS A TAG WITH YOUR NAME ON IT AND I THINK YOU OWN IT NOW.

/

Ti amo, piccolo angelo. La mia vita è tua, rovinala.