Author's Note

Hello My Beautiful Readers and Fans,

I'm not sure how you stumbled upon my novel, but I can't express enough how happy I am that you're here. Today, my heart bursts with joy because I get to share with you a story so close to my heart. Welcome to a southern romance that will take you on a journey to the beautiful scenery of the deep south and break your heart just to put it back together again.

I've poured my heart and soul into each word, and I hope my love for this story is visible in the pages. I've worked hard to breathe life into each character. They are very much real to me. They have hopes and dreams and big hearts.  Since they are finally ready to share their story,  I'm here to tell it.

A big thank you to my ex-boyfriend for giving me the inspiration to write and share this story. He said it was something real, and he believes that a lot of people will really connect with it. I hope it will bring people together in a way no other story has before. 

I hope through Allyson and Daxson's journey, you'll see how love can drive out hate. 

I want to thank everyone who has helped me shape and mold this novel into something great. It wouldn't be the story it is now without you guys! A special thanks to witchoria for the beautiful cover and Beforehours for the wonderful character aesthetics and chapter banners! I'd also like to take the time to acknowledge my wonderful editor, Cheri De Tournesol. You've gone above and beyond for me, and I can't thank you enough for that. 

Although the novel is fiction, the pages you will read are filled with raw emotion and real experiences. As hard as it may be to believe, there are things still happening in our world that need to be brought to light. To read is to open your eyes.

I hope that by sharing this story with you, it will open your heart as much as it has mine.

With All My Love,

Taylor Hallon

The characters and scenes in this novel are fictional. Any resemblance to real life people or events is purely coincidence. Some organizations mentioned are real, but no ill intent is meant with this story.

Warning: This story contains material that may be inappropriate for some readers. If you are sensitive to violence, eating/mental disorders, strong language, acts of racism, or sexual harassment please read on with caution.