Chapter 15 : Caught

Author's note : I was thinking to make a scene with some dragon hunters during those three days but it would bring in the story either Drago Bludvist (too early for him to appear since he isn't forming a dragon army yet) , Crogan or Johan or both (too easy for Hiccup since those sting tails would recognize him as the dragon prince or at least it would be too early for them to appear too) . I decided not to since I may soon come to a dead end with the story if I did so .

The 19th day after Hiccup left Berk .

Hiccup's POV

These four days were just some usual ones . Yep . Four days . Yesterday I had an uneasy feeling that something will go wrong . Then I had a nightmare with me being caught by dad...-I mean Stoik and some vikings draging Toothless' lifeless corpse . Toothless said that this feeling may come from the instincts I have because I'm half dragon . Also mum said that I should listen to my feelings .

By the time me and Toothless made new tricks while flying and shared them with mum and Cloudjumper , played some Maces and talons together . I caught the chance to play with Toothless when he was in a good mood so I could play as well as I knew how and I defeated him at huge difference . He didn't even know what I was trying to do , which resulted in him realizing how complex Maces and talons trully is . I also got to play with Cloudjumper . I have to say . He put up a challange , but since it was only the second day he played Maces and talons I had an advantage which was enough for me to win . About the matches I played with mum ... sometimes she wins , othertimes I win .

Right now it was evening . Me , mum , Toothless and Cloudjumper have already had dinner . Toothless was on his rock , waiting for me to come to sleep . Mum was lying on the bed . She was reading a book . I guess that she had to read if she didn't want to forget how to talk Norse since there weren't many people she could talk to very often . Cloudjumper was hanging upside down . Maybe he was already asleep . I was at the desk looking on the plans for the prostetic tail fin . This was the last night I had to come to the forge on Berk to craft the prostetic tail fin . I should be happy ... but I wasn't . I felt uneasy just like yesterday . I have to ignore this feeling . Maybe it's just the fact that I will miss Gobber after I finish the prostetic tail fin .

"Good night , mum !" I said as I came over to Toothless . "Good night , son ! Good night Toothless !" she said . "Good night , miss Haddok !" said Toothless as he folded his wings around me . "I can feel you're tensed . What's wrong ?" he asked quiet . I sighed . "I have that uneasy feeling I had yesterday . I think it would be best to shrug it off ." I said . "Well ... feelings are those which translate the instincts . I think we will have to wait one more day ." he said . "But it's only the second time I feel my instincts . Maybe it's just because I will miss Gobber . But I have to build that prostetic fin . It's time to get done with it ." I replied . "If you say so ." he said . I yawned . "Good night , Toothless ." I said half asleep . "Good night , Hiccup ." he replied . With that I fell asleep .

-------3:45 AM-------

I woke up in Toothless' peaceful embrace . 'Phew ! No nightmare . That's a good begining .' I thought and I moved strugling to get out . "Ugh 2 more minutes ." said the sleepy night fury as he unfolded his wings to let me out . I went to the desk to take my sketches book and my charcoal pencil . Then I went to the hanger to take my black hood .

I came beside Toothless and shook his head a little . "Come on , bud . We don't have all the night ." I wispered as I shook the half asleep dragon . "Ugh . I hope this is the last night we go ." he said and slowly got up on his all fours . We went out of the house . I mounted him and we took off into the night sky .

1 hour and 34 minutes later

We finally reached Berk and landed at the edge of the village . I had that uneasy feeling again . I looked at Toothless . "Yeah , I know the plan . I hide in a bush . I wait untill you come . When I hear you coming I begin shaking the bush so you know where to come . When you come in the bush I get out and play Hide and seek , bla bla bla ..." he said in a bored tone . "Alright ... but I want you to hide in a bush deeper in the forest ." I asked and he looked at me questioningly tilting his head . "I-I just don't want anyone to find you ." I tried to explain . "That uneasy feelong again ?" he asked . I slowly nodded . "We don't have to do this if you don't want . We may come another time ." suggested Toothless . "No . I'm fine . It's time to get done with this . Just ... Lets make sure nobody finds you . It would help me feel better ." I said . "If you say so ... just be careful ." said Toothless . I went with him deeper into the forest .

"Here seems to be a good place to hide in ." said the night fury pointing to a bush . "Alright ." I said . He made a scratch onto the ground beside the bush . "Now wou will find easier the bush I hide in . Good luck and be careful ." said the night fury . "I'll be ." I replied . With that he went into the bush .

Soon I got back to the village . I began walking towards the forge . With each step that uneasy feeling seemed to grow . I ignored it . Besides I don't even have to make much noise this time since I only need to cut some leather and sew it so I can put the metal rods in it . I came into the forge and turned the light on by setting a torch on fire . This time I used flint to do this . That feeling was screaming to me to run but I ignored it . I took my hood off and when I was about to put it in the hanger I heard a gasp from behind me which made jump a little .

2 minutes ago

Gobber's POV

It was the fourth night when I was guarding the forge all by myself . Fortunately there weren't many weapons which needed to be sharpened during the day so I could have some long day naps . I was sitting on a small chair just beside the entrance throught the intruder last time exited the forge through . So if anyone would come in through that entrance they wouldn't notice me due to the dark . I also had a crossbow so in case the intruder comes I can threaten them even from some meters away so they won't run . Also I locked the other entrance because if anyone comes in through there I would instantly be spotted .

'Does this even has a point ? Maybe that person crafted what he needed and doesn't have reasons to come back . Maybe it really was a prank .' I thought . 'No ! This is what they want you to think , Gobber ! Just the way it happened 4 days ago .' I told to myself . I won't be caught off guard again .

Thud click thud click

I heard some weird foot steps coming closer . A person with a hood came in the forge . 'This must be the intruder .' I thought as I silently raised my crossbow to threaten in case they try to run or to attack me . I also had my sword in the sheat as a second plan . The person turned the light on . The person still didn't notice me since they didn't look in my direction . I stayed still with my crossbow ready to shot .

I wanted to give a warn but I had a weird feeling just like I wanted to see that person . They took their hood off and put it into the hanger which was in the opposite part of the forge . He was scrawny and had auburn hair . It only took me one second to recognize that boy . My eyes widened in realisation and I let out a gasp . He jumped a little when he heard me . "Hiccup ?" I asked in a whisper .

Author's note : Sorry for not publishing for 10 days .

Aslo I wish I could see Hiccup's face when Gobber gasped 😂

I was thinking to make a scene with Ryker or Viggo Grimborn but this guy is too smart for me to know what , how and where he plans . He would somehow even find a way to mess up with Hiccup the dragon prince and I can't imagine how . He is a too complex and too smart character . Is he the all knowing third person ? 😖