See You Again - Tarot Virago Vignette

Author's Note: Point of Clarification; Tarot Virago is my Harry Potter series.

Warning; Feels ahead.

At the sound of wild laughter, Minerva McGonagall felt as if the air had been knocked out of her lungs as the group of eleven-year-olds came up the stairs towards her.

Because right up in the front of the group, she could see the young faces of the students who had tried her patience time and time again, but who she would always hold close to her heart.

She can see the faces of her Marauders and their significant others in the faces of their children. She saw the looks of exasperation and amusement from Remus and Malinda Lupin in their twin children. She saw the bravery of James Potter and the gentle nature of Oryena Potter in their son. She could see the spitting image of Lily Varris and her no-nonsense attitude, but Lux Varris' happy nature embodied in their daughter. 

And she could see the mischief of Sirius Black in the mirror image of Joy Black. 

She even laughs like him...

"Excuse me, are you Professor McGonagall?"

Minerva looked down to see Sirius and Joy Black's daughter looking up at her with curious eyes. 

"That would be me, yes?"

The girl's face split into a grin that was the exact copy of her father's. "My name is Dinah Black! This is Harry Potter, Raven and Milo Lupin, and Sue Varris! We were told to say hi to you!"

At that moment, Minerva made a vow to the Marauders both dead and alive. Nothing was going to hurt these children. You-Know-Who would have to step over her cold, dead body before she let that happen again.