Chapter 2

3 weeks Later

Fall Breeze

The weather was starting to become chill as the leaves were falling from the trees and the sun was setting in the sky. It was midday on a Saturday as the Skating rink was the place to be. People were hanging outside and enjoying themselves as they ate food and listened to music.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

×Khelani

I looked at myself again in the mirror as this was the third outfit I wasnt feeling. I plopped down in the pile of clothes I had on my bed. I wanna make a good first impression. Tyrell had invited Paisley and I to the skating rink. I wanted to make sure my outfit looked good.

"Lani let's go, paisley is waiting for you" I pouted as I grabbed my phone and slid some money into the case. I sprayed some perfume and made my way downstairs.

"Alright mama, I'll be back"

"Have fun" I hopped into the frontseat of her car.

"This should be fun" I said as my phone beeped

"You're going to love it" I unlocked my phone and went to my messages.

Text me when you get here -Ty💫

While we was listening to Alicia Keys, we was catching up.

"So did you ever ask your parents why you was home schooled?" She asked. I shook my head but I was curious on why I was.

"It never came up in the conversation"

"Well, it felt weird to not have you at school these last two years"

"I know but yall could've visited me still" it was true. Sometimes we school friends and then we have friends. Paisley was more of a school friend since we hung out the most during school hours and sometimes out of school.we talked for the rest of the ride as we finally approached the skating rink. I haven't skated in awhile, so this might be a little bit embarrassing.

"Two pair of size 8 skates please" paisley told the lady. It was wo many people here and alot of folks were skating around. I thanked paisley and walked to a table to put my stuff on.

"Hey imma say hey to my friends over there, I'll be back" she said before skating over there. Great I'm by myself again. I looked around hoping to spot a familiar face somewhere. My dad said he use to come here all the time with his friends. He told me it's a place where he got closer to his friends. Me on the other hand barely had friends to begin with. I went towards the back of the skating rink and tried to teach myself how to skate again.

"Hey why didnt you text me?" Ty asked as he skated by me. I shrugged my shoulders as I fell again. He laughed as he helped me up.

"Well I didnt want anyone to know I couldn't skate" I felt embarrassed that I busted my ass in front of him.

"We all been there" he reassured. Still doesnt face the fact that I fell.

"C'Mere" he spoke looking at me. I got nervous as I got closer towards him. He grabbed my hand and started skating backwards, I looked down instead of looking directly at him. I just knew if I looked up I would fall again. I concentrated on how he was skating, trying to mimick thr style.