Chapter 4

October Mazes & More

Halloween was here and the things to do was going to the parties and mazes. Dress up and engage in activities of getting candy or get scared at a haunted house.
××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

×Khelani

I was in my room finishing up some homework that I didnt finish yesterday. School hadn't been too bad and I have been avoiding drama as much as possible. My parents still dont know all the friends I made are only guys. I know the moment I tell my dad he gonna shut it down. So as far as they know they think I'm hanging out with pais and her friends. Which is sometimes the case but mostly I'm with the guys. I answered my ringing phone without looking at the caller ID.

"Get dressed" ty voice flowed through the phone.

"Uh why, I was not planning on going anywhere today" I said closing my notebook.

"Lani I refuse to let you stay in the house for another Saturday plus is Halloween so come chill with me tonight"

"Uh uh cause people be dressing up scary and I ain't with that" I said.

"Girl go put some clothes on, I'll be there in 20" oop aggressive are we. I finally agreed and hung up the phone. My introverted ass did not feel like socializing today. I punched the air before getting up looking in my closet. I have no clue what we doing and honestly I hope we just getting some food or something. I threw an outfit together and put my hair in a bun. I slicked my edges and decided to just do my eyebrows. Im not that much of a makeup person but I like to do a little something.

"Mom I'll be back later" I said as I went down the stairs.

"Please be safe" she yelled from the living room.

"How come keke not going trick or treating with us" my bother ajay asked.

"Cause she going with her friends instead" my mom said.

"That's not fair" my sister said. I sucked my teeth as I heard the car pull up. I hurried outside and walked to the car. Mike was in the car with a girl in the back.

"Lani, this mike's friend Mia" Ty said.

"Hi nice to meet you" she said.

"Nice to meet you as well" I said with a smile before turning back around.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"To the movies, and possibly a corn maze" mike said. I looked over at ty who was trying to avoid eye contact from me.

"A corn maze wasnt mentioned on the phone" I said. Mia started laughing as Ty turned the music up. Everybody knows I'm a scary person and I was honestly terrified of going to this.

We pulled up into the parking lot to the movie theater, getting the closest spot in the front. The sun was just now setting meaning it would be dark by the time the movie over.

"Where's willy?" I asked.

"He hanging out with his team at a Halloween party, he said he gonna meet us at the corn field" mike said. I'm suprised they didnt want to go to that party.

"You didnt want to go?" I asked ty.

"Nah I wanted to do something else today which is why we are here" he said. They had paid for the tickets and they decided we should watch a scary movie. I was not feeling this at all and honestly I was scared to watch this. Mike and Mia had snuck snacks in so they was getting us a seat while ty decided to spend his money on the high priced food and drinks.

"You want a slushie?" He asked. I nodded "can I get two medium blue raspberry slushie and a small popcorn" he said. I looked around the theater since I havent been here in a long time. I followed him into the theater and found some seats towards the top. We got comfortable as we watched the previews of upcoming movies.

"I been meaning to tell you that Willy likes you" ty said looking over at me. I stopped what I was doing and looked at him. That was something I was not expecting to come out his mouth.

"You joking right" he shook his head no." I thought he was flirting for fun" he chuckled eating his popcorn.

"Nah we was talking about it the other day and he likes you"

"Was you suppose to tell me this"

"Well you know now, but I'm just gonna say this because you are a close friend to me... be careful with willy if you decide to entertain him" I scratched my head literally lost of words.

I think ty just friendzoned me. I hung out with just willy before and usually we just go get food and talk but I just never knew he thought of me like that. Honestly I knew Willy was the player type and quite frankly I was not interested in him.

"Thanks I guess" he chuckled slouching down sipping his slushie. I'm not sure if I should be happy or not. I think I'm more shock at the fact that ty hasn't realized I have a crush on him. I stole some of his popcorn as the movie finally started

××××××××

After what was said in the movie theater I had pushed that thought to the back of my mind and tried to focus on having fun with my friends.

"Uh this maze looking kinda scary" Mia said a little unsure. I agreed cause I was not feeling this and the movie scared me shitless too. Arms wrapped around me from behind and I knew who it was that quickly. I turned around and willy was standing there. He had some other people around who was socializing with ty and mike.

"Wassup" he said smiling. I tried not to think about the fact he liked me.

"How was the party?" I asked.

"Wouldve been better if you came with me" he shrugged. I honestly had no idea on what to say so I was glad when one of his friends spoke up.

"Aye look we about to go inside"

"We'll catch up to yall" willy said.

"I'm guessing you want me to take your picture" I said with a laugh. He chuckled nodding. Everytime we go somewhere he asks me to take pictures of him. I grabbed his phone and snapped a couple of pics of him.

"Thank Lani, come on" he grabbed my hand and we entered the maze. I was already scared about doing this because of that stupid movie.

"By how you acting I can tell my brother told you I got a lil crush on you" he said interlocking our fingers. I felt like this felt so fast paced for some reason.

"Yeah I've heard, I thought you only saw me as a friend" I said.

"I mean yea I did but when we chill together alone, my lil crush developed" I licked my lips not knowing what to say.

"Look I'm not asking you out or anything I'm just letting you know how I feel about you, if your not feeling the same that's cool, we can change that eventually" I jumped when the Bush brushed against my shoulder. He chuckled.

"I understand what your saying" he smiled kissing the top of my hand as usual.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

I just want to remind yall that the book seems like its moving fast but really I'm moving fast through the months. Just look out if I say a month or weeks passed. I'm not writing about what's happening every day in their life. Hopefully you guys enjoyed this chapter

Comment and Vote

~BR££