Chapter 1

Wendy watched her daughter running around playing with the other children in their neighborhood.

Her daughter, Isabelle had hair that was dark blonde and green eyes like her father, but her face shape resemble that of Wendy's. She was good mix of both parents.

Isabelle was about to be twelve years old, today. She ran up to her mother grinning from ear to ear her eyes shining brightly

"Mom!" She hid behind Wendy as one of the neighborhood kids ran behind her trying to tag her.

"That's not fair.. Those aren't the rules" the boy whined.

"rules are meant to be broken" Izzy giggled.

Wendy smile and step aside "Not today, Izzy"

Isabelle stood shock, mouth hung opened, she was brought back as the boy tagged her.

"you're it!" he said and ran off.

Isabelle ran after him and the other kids, all laughing happily.

***

There was a chorus of singing that filled the room, the room was dim and most of the light was reflected of Izzy's face. The cake was in front of her with candles lit.

Finally, Izzy blew out her candles, a smile lighting up her face. Wendy was next to her so was Wendy's brothers John and Michael smiling with the presents ready as where the rest of the kids.

***

After the presents and party, Wendy sat next to her daughter. Isabelle laid on her bed, smiling up to her mother her.

"Mom tell me the story again" Isabelle said.

Wendy smile "alright but then it's bed"

Isabelle snuggled deeper into her bed and look at her mother expectantly.

"There is a land far far away, where kids never grow up. This land's name is Neverland, it is a place where kids can visit, and in Neverland, there is a group of kids name lost boys and they have a sort of guardian figure named peter pan--"

Wendy was looking at the window as imagining the land all over again and her adventures as young girl. She look down at Isabelle and saw that she had fallen asleep. Her breathing was even and her face softer, younger. She kissed goodnight Izzy's forehead.

Then she heard the window abruptly open and the room turned darker and colder.

Wendy stood up and walked slowly to the window. A shadow it's eyes golden appeared flying outside the window.

Wendy flinched, she remember everything from before, during and after Neverland and knew this wasn't Pan's shadow.

She tried to close the window but it wouldn't budge. Wendy felt a blast of wind knock her back, letting out a scream.

Her brothers came in running. Looking at the shadow they knew something was wrong. John helped Wendy up while Michael got the closest weapon, an unlit trident candle.

They saw the shadow looking directly at Izzy.

"No!" Wendy yelled at the same time Michael threw the unlit candle at the shadow which it bounce of it as if not hurting it and at the same time seem to hurt the shadow.

The shadow snarled and send a blast of wind toward Michael knocking him backward.

Isabelle awoke, horrified and wide green eyes, she looked around the room "Mom?!"

The shadow turn to the girl, gliding towards her. Wendy ran and grab the shadow's hand pulling it back.

"please don't" Wendy said in a small voice. The shadow look down at her and with its other hand pushed Wendy backwards, harshly.

She felt magic gather around her binding her hands to her side, paralizing her and her brothers.

"Mom!" Isabelle scream as the shadow grabbed her and took her away in a flash.