Mate

Mercury POV
The party was good but I was getting bored. The family already introduced me to everyone but one. They were supposed to introduce me to an person called Maxim. I thought if they didn't want to introduce me to him they didn't have to. Anyways I was getting bored of the party.

I walked up to Edward about to say I had to head home. Once I was there before I could speak he said let me introduce you to Maxim. He is also adopted by Esme and Carlyles a couple years ago. I nodded and followed him to an man in the corner which I completely didn't notice.

For a second I didn't want to look him in the eyes because i felt him staring at me intently. I saw his lips move but then nothing came out. Edward looked at me puzzled for a minute then stopped. The silence in the house was strong.

I was the first one to break it I said well my name is Mercury Swan. He smiled and said well my name is Maxim Ross Cullen. I smirked at him and said nice middle name. He was taken back by my new attitude. But I was thinking I was like this twenty four seven. While I was by him I felt comfortable. Like I could finally relax for once. I didn't have to always act tough or I knew everything. In this world I knew I didn't know everything about this world.

After a couple minutes of talking to him I checked to see what time it was. We mostly just talked about how it was in the army. When I checked the time I was surprised by the time. It was 12:24! It felt like I was only talking to him for minutes. No. It was almost three hours of only talking. Looking around I seen that we were the only ones in the living room. I picked up all my things and said well I think I'll go to bed. His eyes widened and said of course. Maxim said follow me Mercury and I'll show you your room. I nodded my head and started following him upstairs to an room. I guess it was an the guess room. As soon as I was there I laid my head on the pillow. Falling asleep instantly. As I went to sleep the filling of emptiness enveloped me as Maxim left.
           Authors note:
Sorry this chapter wasn't that interesting and I kind of had writers block writing this. I hope you enjoyed the book so far 💕❤️💕