Chapter Two

Maddie's POV
Don & I start walking down the stairs and head to the school's main entrance. We walk outside to see Jabez looking at us while sitting on the bench of our school's front field. It isn't really a field, it's more like a field of grass in-front of the school, but it isn't like a football field. Anyways, I'm pretty sure you get the point. Jabez gets up and pull ups his pants. "Aight, so how are we going to arrive there?" Jabez questioned. "Well, since NOW you are coming, might as well take your car & head there." Jabez nods & we follow him to his car. Don sits in the passenger seat & I sit in the back. Jabez starts playing "Letter From Lucci" by YNF Lucci (Swipe up & then right to hear the song) on the aux. He lowers down the music & asks "Wait, what Fro-Yo place?" "Um, I was thinking Yumilicious Frozen Yogurt?" I said. They both turn around and agree. Jabez put the music up & puts the window down & starts driving. It's a pretty hot day in Dallas Texas, which is obviously where we live. It always hot but today was way too hot. Jabez starts dancing & Don joins in with him. I start laughing. Even if Don basically left me for Jabez in middle school. They do make a funny pair.

After 10 minutes of driving, we finally got out of the car and headed inside the Fro-Yo place. I sat down at the table near the front window. "I'll get the Fro-yo's, what do you want Maddie & Jabez?" Don said. "I want vanilla Fro-yo with strawberries & gummy bears." "Ummm, I want cake batter Fro-yo with chocolate chips & gummy worms." Don nods & heads over the cash register. Jabez grabs his phone & starts swiping his fingers. I look at my phone to see that it's DRY. No messages, no instagram notifications, no snapchat notifications, PLAIN DRY. I look at Jabez once again to see that's he's still on his phone. Basically, Jabez and I are not friends. We've never spoke. Actually, only once, in 6th grade, he asked if I had a condom, but I didn't exactly know what it was & said no. Don, Tommy, Andre & him all laughed at me. But obviously now that I understand what it is, it's pretty funny to think about it.

"What are you laughing about?" Jabez looked at me with a confused face.
I didn't exactly know that I was laughing out loud.
He caught me off guard. "Oh, nothing. I was just thinking of something" I said. Jabez looked at me with a confused face & continued to go on his phone. What a bitch.
Don comes over with our Fro-Yo. "This one is for you and.... this one is for you." I grab mine & smiles at Don. He sat next to me and then Don brought up how he just reached 2,000 followers on instagram.
After 20 minutes of talking, someone walks in, I notice that Jabez looked at them right away. He straighten himself out & stood up straight. I turned around to see

VANESSA JAE LEWIS?¿