chapter 6

jungkook's pov :

FRIDAY
3:09 PM

hoseok, yoongi and i left the school grounds a few minutes after the bell had rung, announcing the end of the school day. 

we were laughing around and talking about video games when suddenly jimin came from behind and slung his arm around my shoulder.
i gasped in surprise but calmed down after i saw my best friend.

"hey homies, are y'all ready to hang out and chill with some hot chicks tonight ?" he said in a cheeky and insinuative tone.

"you know it bro " yoongi said and the both of them high fived.

"hey- tonight i'm going to hit on daphne all night long. i won't leave her alone for even 5 minutes.
"and when i am gonna leave she's gonna be like 'oh no hoseok please don't go'" he added in a high pitched voice.
"and then im gonna look at her and say " don't worry daphne your daddy's here and he's gonna blow your mind tonight and then-"
"hobi hobi hobi- no" i interrupted him.
"dude you're my homie and shit so i'm telling you seriously, if you call yourself 'daddy' to a girl you're gonna stay a virgin your whole life".

hoseok was about to reply defensively but yoongi made sure to speak before his friend could.
"anyways kook do you have the weed ?"

"yup ! do you want it ?" i answered enthusiastically, thanking sara in the back of my mind.

"no no i don't need it right now but make sure you bring it to the party tonight it's important" the mint haired boy replied.

"and who's paying for the booze ?" jimin spoke up.
they all looked over to me.

"hey what the hell guys ! that's not fair why do you all agree on it being me - ganging up on me like that...c'mon not cool" i said angrily.

"i mean it is your turn to buy. jimin and i handled it last week and hoseok did the week before so it all points to it being your turn to pay" yoongi spoke in a matter-of-fact way.

"alright alright i get it i'll just ask mike if he can buy some for me" i answered in defeat.

"okay great thanks man" jimin shook my hand and brought me to his shoulder for a 'bro-hug' or whatever those are called.
as each of us parted ways hoseok called back
"don't forget to text us when you're ready to go so we can all go together !"
i nodded and headed home.

on the way back i texted mike asking if he was home and if he could buy some beer if he was.
i got on the bus as my phone dinged.

"sorry, working til 9pm"

i sighed and wondered how i was going to pay for all the alcohol.

"hey"
i looked up and was greeted with a pair of brown eyes and a smile which belonged to the new kid, kim taehyung.

"hi"
i answered back.

"how's it going ?"
"um -well... good ! how about you"
"good"

the seconds that followed happened in awkward silence and i could almost imagine the sound of the crickets chirp.