Chapter Twenty Two.

It was early the next morning when Belle arrived home, back to the house Maggie had left her. The kids were still with Jade and Alex had gone home as well promising to call her later.

She didn't want to go to Jades so early to pick up the kids, so she went home. She wanted a hot shower and a hot cup of coffee to wake her up.

Her heart dropped when she saw Landons car in the driveway, she, of course, knew she had to break up with him. She couldn't lead him on but she was hoping to be a little more awake for this conversation.

She walked into the kitchen, setting her keys aside and taking a deep breath.

"Landon...we need to talk," She called out

"Belle! There you are! Thank God, we've been calling you all night!" Jade cried rushing into the kitchen.

"Jade? what are you doing here?"

"Belle!" Landon entered the kitchen seeming just as upset as Jade.

"What is it? what happened?"

"Yesterday evening a lawyer showed up at the house, they took the kids both of them. Maggie's parents are suing for full custody."

"What? can they do that?" Belle asked.

"I don't know," Jade replied.

"I need to call Ethan," Belle said.

"I already did, he's looking into it. Belle, I'm so sorry." Jade said, hugging her close.

"Are you...are you just getting home?" Landon asked from the doorway.

"Oh...uhm...."Belle started but fell silent.

"I need to go, I'm going to be late for work."

Landon started for the door and Belle pulled away from Jade, following him to the door.

"Landon..."

"Don't!" He snapped.

She froze, he had never yelled at her before.

"I'm sorry, there's just a lot going on right now. Find out what's going on with the kids and I'll come back tonight, okay? I'll be back I just...I need to get my head together."

She gave a small nod but didn't vocally reply, he left closing the door a little harshly behind him.

Belle stood in the empty kitchen, only the sound of her own breathing could be heard. She slowly turned back to Jade.

"I..."

"So, I'm guessing us being here interrupted your little walk of shame?"

"Jade..."

"No, you don't owe me an explanation, you're not a little girl anymore. You can sleep with whoever you want to, just... be careful. I don't want to see you get hurt."

"I didn't plan on this, it just happened," Belle said softly.

"Yeah, I know. Go shower and I'll make us some strong coffee."

Belle gave a small nod and went upstairs as Jade started the coffee pot and began digging in the fridge for food to make breakfast.

She stepped into the master bedroom, unzipping her dress and laying it on the bed, she kicked off her heels and removed her earrings. She walked to the dresser with the large mirror. Her engagement ring caught her eye and she stared at it, it was a beautiful ring but it looked foreign on her finger. Carefully, she slipped it off and dropped it in the tiny glass dish that sat on top of the dresser.

She walked into the adjoining bathroom and turned the shower on as hot as it would go, stepping out of her panties and dropping them in the hamper along with her bra she stepped under the hot water and closed her eyes.

Her mind racing, what would she tell Landon? what would she tell Alex? how would she get her kids back? she had mad such a mess of everything.

When she got out of the shower she didn't have the energy to get fully dressed so she pulled on her pajama pants and a t-shirt, her favorite thick, fuzzy robe and went downstairs.

Jade had breakfast already served, bacon, eggs, coffee, toast, and juice. She was sitting one side of the table and Belle took the other chair, pulling her knees up and into her robe.

"So?" Jade prompted.

"I...I told him about the baby."

"And?"

"He was upset, not at me but just...what happened."

"He needed to know, he deserved to know. Regardless of how it happened or what happened once you were pregnant. The time may have been wrong and the situation was...not ideal but that was his child too."

"I know. He said he still loves me...that he's always loved me."

"So, what are you going to do?"

"I don't know. Right now I just need to get my kids back and figure out what's best for them."

"That's a good idea."

"What did Ethan say?"

"He said he would get on it right away and do whatever he can to get them back to you as soon as possible...but it's probably going to go to court."

"They'll win, I know they will. They have money and a big house and..."Belle started to sob.

"Now, hush. You don't know that. We will fight it, and we will keep fighting it, no matter how long it takes or how much money."

"I...I don't think I can," Belle choked out.

"Now, listen to me Bellamy...if knowing you and Alex has taught me anything it's that you two...you don't give up on people you love. No matter what the odds are, no matter what the cost or how long it takes."