𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
MISCHIEF MANAGED 

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓❝ MISCHIEF MANAGED ❞

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

SATURDAY ARRIVES MUCH FASTER than Lydia is comfortable with.

But she has long since made up her mind, persuaded only further by Phoebe after she had confided in her friend in the hopes of receiving some sort of plausible excuse out of it and instead was given comforting and logical reassurance. She owes it to Remus the most to talk to him and answer his questions about the letter, despite it sort of making her want to vanish from thin air on the spot. He's gentler than the other boys she's written letters for, in a way that she cannot describe except for the fact that the world itself turned and breathed all for people like him. And they are a rare few at that.

It's what spirits her out of the warmth of the Ravenclaw common room and out into the courtyard beneath the base of the Clock Tower. Even despite the temperature waning into the formidable clutches of chilling iciness, she goes for Remus (though not before she prepares herself with two layers of jumpers and three pairs of wool socks to protect herself from the cold).

It would appear Remus isn't at all expecting to see Lydia as much as she hadn't been expecting herself to venture out for the boy. She knows this for certain because, despite being the one to ask her out for the day, he seems startled with her sudden appearance.

He's leaning against the base of the tower, his messy hair dancing in the occasional breeze. Adorned in a brown jacket and a Gryffindor scarf, his hands are shoved into the depths of his pockets and both his nose and cheeks are already bitten a rosy pink. He looks the same as the boy he had been when Lydia had first fallen for him. Reserved and thoughtful, a merciful and loving sparkle in his gray eyes that has yet to fade even with age. He pushes himself off the wall upon seeing her, his stare flickering over her appearance.

"Hey."

Her voice travels to him light and airy, nearly angelic. She smiles so sweetly at him that it makes all the stress weighing on his shoulders lighten. He smiles in return, mirroring her actions with a fortunate and relieved look.

"Hey," he greets. He gestures vaguely out into the open at nothing in particular. "I'm glad you showed up."

"I am too."

Another soft breeze strolls through the courtyard. The dial in the Clock Tower spins and turns. The world breathes in and exhales all for Remus, and Lydia at once feels at ease as she always had been with him.

"Wanna go for a walk along the Black Lake?" he asks.

And Lydia nods.

The trek out from the castle and along the grounds to the Great Lake is silent, though not in a tense and uncomfortable way. Neither of them speak, instead reveling in one another's company as they approach the frosty surface of the lake. It's Remus who speaks first, breaking the quiet with a small voice.