𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄
BIRTHDAY MISHAPS

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

LYDIA FEELS AS IF SHE IS ON TOP OF THE WORLD.

Of course, she means that in the figurative sense, but a part of her quite literally feels the rushing exhilaration of life swell in her bosom and in her heart - as if she had just stood at the highest point of the tallest tower in Hogwarts and screamed to nothing but the sun till her lungs caved out. That's in part due to James, who just seems to have that captivating touch on her but she would rather die than give up on the opportunity to tease him a little more and so if anyone asks why she seems so much more effervescent these days, she plucks a lazy excuse from thin air and says that it's simply because Spring is upon them. Which, technically, isn't an entire lie.

The weather has begun to warm considerably as the days trickle into early April, melting any remnants of snow and ice that still linger on the highlands. It dampens the soil, blossoms the wildflowers that grow in various patches along the hills and the buds on trees such as the Whomping Willow, and exudes a pleasant musky floral scent that Lydia wants nothing more than to indulge in. Often at this time of the year, it isn't uncommon to find her along with countless other students sprawled out on dry patches of grass or in the courtyard of the school where the sun hits just right.

Not even the impending doom of examinations seems to smother her, though that's also mostly in part due to the fact that her birthday is rapidly approaching. Things, for a lack of better words, have seemingly begun to look up not just for Lydia, but for everyone, trudging them out of their slump that the unforgiving snare of winter left them fumbling in to escape. Even Phoebe seems more lively than usual, emerging from the muddled confusion that was her bout of heartbreak with Bellamy.

He truly hasn't let the festering tension between them boil over any more than it should; instead, Lydia often finds him and Phoebe snickering to themselves during class or whilst the trio are studying in the library or Lydia is reading a book by the fire in the Ravenclaw common room with them sat nearby. It's inspiring, hopeful, as if the warm spring blossoming weather has something beautiful, whatever it may be and however small it may seem, blooming between them.

They hardly seem to notice her presence most days, like today as the three of them follow the mass of students filing out of the greenhouses with their Herbology lesson still fresh in their minds. Lydia lags behind her friends, her attention waning in and out to their conversation if only to be able to listen to where they are heading and so as not to steer off down the wrong path as she is leisurely skimming through her Herbology textbook.