𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
DREADFUL BUSINESS

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍❝ DREADFUL BUSINESS ❞

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

LYDIA AWAKENS TO A ROOM FULL OF blistering white light.

If she's being strictly one-hundred percent honest, there's a sheepish fleeting thought that passes in her mind that makes her think this is it. She's dead, and has passed on to the afterlife - whatever it may be.

But then she realizes how insanely stupid that is, and the mild pain that shoots from her left arm up to her neck and then down her spine, causing the prior steady beating of her heart to spike so violently it grasps at her lungs and has her almost choking, tells her that yup, she's definitely still alive. Her bones that have stiffened into place crackle and pop with a resonating noise as she shifts in her spot - a soft but sort of lumpy bed that is definitely not her dorm bed, she's noticed - and carefully lifts her head to take in her surroundings. The first thing she notices is the familiar dull grey stone walls of the Hospital Wing, the many white-blanketed cots, and the grand double doors in the far distance. Golden light streams in past the many arched windows, illuminating the particles of dust that float in the atmosphere. On her left side is a privacy screen, turquoise blue curtains blocking the rest of her view, and on her right, nestled perfectly on her bedside table, is a glass jar and a bouquet of an assortment of daisies and tulips and roses. Her left arm is wrapped delicately in a sling, pressed close to her abdomen.

"Oi, Fletcher! So nice of you to finally join us."

Lydia looks groggily over to her bedside, blinking past the exuberant light that pierces her eyes, and finds Sirius Black perched on the edge of a lone chair. He smiles down at her in a way that is an amalgamation of his usual cool demeanour but mixed with something gentler like pure relief. It's sort of a shocking sight to see as the boy leans forward to greet her, his dark eyes shimmering. It's in that instant that Lydia is reminded of the night before - from sneaking out of her dormitory, to the full moon, the great black dog, and the terrifying werewolf. For a moment, it had all felt as if it were one strange distant dream but she knows that isn't the case.

"I-"

But Lydia is hardly able to finish her sentence. Instead, another figure comes pushing their way past, shoving Sirius off the chair so that they can sink onto it, groaning cumbersomely and with urgency, "Oh, step aside, Black! Let me see her!"

Lydia hears several other snickers surrounding her as Phoebe Cauldwell materializes in front of the girl. She's beaming from ear-to-ear, the last sight Lydia sees before she's attacked by an array of curly locks as Phoebe carefully tosses herself at Lydia for a hug. "You scared me, you absolute prat!"