Christmas With The Avengers

*NO SWEARING CONTENT*

Words: 729

Natasha Romanoff's POV

I was up early on Christmas Eve, doing my morning jog as I passed the small shops.
People were already inside, and so I quickly reached up to cover my face with my hoodie.
Every last trace of red hair was hidden under the hood.
I slowed as I remember it was Christmas Eve, and decided to get my маленький паук (little spider) a gift for Christmas.
He could've gotten anything for Christmas, but I remembered what he really wanted.
"Auntie Nat, I really wish everyone could show up for a meal. I mean, ever since the Civil War the Avengers split up. Isn't awesome if everyone got together?"
And so I went into a karaoke club, making sure underage kids like Peter could enter.
"Unlimited pass please." I ask, and the girl working at the reception glanced up from her book.
Her curly hair covered up an eye, but I'm pretty sure she saw me, very clearly.
"Ms. Romanoff?" She gasped. I nod, before shushing her.
"The pass?" I urge.
The girl nods. She passes me the ticket, free of charge.
"I'm MJ by the way. Do you know Peter? Peter Parker?" The girl says quietly.
"Yes, my маленький паук. You know him?"
"He's my best friend. Say to him that I'm sorry for not being able to say hi on Christmas."
An idea struck me.
"How about of you join the Avengers for a karaoke night tomorrow?"
"What?!" MJ gasps, before composing herself. "Yes please, I'd love to."
I laugh quietly at her reaction, before nodding off and getting a Christmas envelope and sliding the golden ticket — capable of sending huge amounts of people into one booth — inside.
"Tomorrow. Six o'clock." I say to MJ. The girl nods, before flashing me a smile.
I smile back, before exiting with a light heart.

~

It was Christmas Day.
And I was nervous.
You're probably thinking, you? Natasha Romanoff? Nervous?
But yes. I'm nervous, thinking about Peter's gift. And I was going last, to give out my presents. As well as all the Avengers in the same room.
I had contacted the 'rouge' Avengers and they agreed not to kill anyone and just to celebrate Christmas.
Tony went first.
He got my маленький паук a new suit and a tiny Iron Man stuffed toy.
He gave Cap a metal replica of Cap's helmet, with a quote carved into the metal on the inside: when nothing goes right, go left.
He got Sam a replica of Falcon, with mini wings and a levitating Red Wing.
To Wanda, he made a moving hologram of her twin, zooming around and grinning.
Clint accepted a new kind of bow, with lasers. It was made out of the last vibranium Tony could find.
Bucky received something Tony and Peter made together; a new arm. It was comfortable, and didn't rust easily.
He gave me a new set on throwing knives, with each Avenger's name and photo engraved on the hilt. I had to admit, he was very thoughtful today.
Everyone loved their gifts, and quickly everyone zoomed through the presents. But then it was my turn.
"Here. This one's for Clint." I say, passing a small parcel that had a lot of padding.
He opened it, and grins back at me. He holds it up for everyone to see.
It was a painted portrait (that I painted!) of him and his family.
"Thanks Nat." He says, noticing my signature on the bottom. I smile.
"This one's for..."

~

"This one's for Peter. The last one." I announce after everyone has their presents.
Clint holds his painting tightly, Wanda holds a red coat close, Cap puts on his new cap that says 'CAPTAIN AMERICA RULZ', Bucky tries out his new metal hair comb, Tony inspects his Avengers photo album, Bruce holds up a shirt that had a science pun on it.
Peter opens his envelope.
"I LOVE YOU AUNTIE NAT! YOU GOT ME THE BEST GIFT!" He screams, holding up a golden ticket.
The golden ticket.
"Everyone's going!" I yell. "Six o'clock!" Peter comes and hugs me, his eyes shining with happy tears.

~

That night, we were a happy family. A very dysfunctional family, but still a family.
MJ showed up, wearing a black tee and denim shorts and hugged Peter, who was blushing like mad.
And that's what Peter always wanted.
A family.