Lost in Time (Yuki)

What if you woke up one day and found out that many years had passed? The world had moved on without you.

That's what I've been doing everyday for the past ten years. I'm still the same Yuki while everyone else had changed.

Everyday when I wake up, my most recent memory is being in the car with my sister, Miki. We were on the way to school when suddenly, a loud honk blared in my ears and everything went dark.

Everyday, I'd ask my parents where Miki was. They'd look at me sadly and told me she died ten years ago. Then I'd cry and lock myself in the bathroom. I'd always scream in horror as I saw a strange girl in the mirror. Physically, I'm nineteen while I'll always mentally be nine years old.

Afterwards, my parents would hand me a diary I don't recognize. They told me to write down today's events into it. It wasn't new, and in fact, there were countless entries already. Apparently, they were all written by me, though I would never recall writing them.

Sometimes, my friends would visit. They'd try their best to hold in their tears when I fail to recognize them. These moments were always that unpleasant for them, and some were on the verge of giving up.

I'll never make any new memories after the incident ten years ago. My parents gave up on sending me to school as I'd forget everything the next day. I can't live a normal life. I can't make new friends. I'll always be nine. Every day, I'll write in this diary only to forget about it the next day.

What's the point? I'll go to sleep tonight and just forget everything the next day again.

Good night, Yuki of today.