It's Time

Lilia

"It's time" is the first thing I say to myself when I opened my eyes this morning. Pretty random right? Nope. I feel like I've been living a lie. Well, not a full lie but I haven't been 100% honest. Anyways, today is October 8th, 2018, and it's time. I told some of my family and close friends months ago but never said anything publicly... yet. I want to make this something no one else has done, but also, something blatantly obvious. I finally get out of bed and head downstairs to go make breakfast. Gotta start this big day out right, right? I head downstairs and into the kitchen to see my mother at the table reading the news on her unnecessarily giant iPad. I don't know why my brain insists on this, but all I say to her is "It's time". And I swear to you this woman must be a mind reader or insanely smart because she knows exactly what I mean, so her response was a sarcastic "good morning to you too" followed by a "FINALLY". Man, I'm so fucking lucky to have her by my side. And, of course, my dad too, but they split up about 2 years ago. But they've been nothing but absolutely supportive of me and my brother and I'm sososososo blessed. The key part of this day is the simple element of surprise. I mean, I feel like to anyone else that is like me, it's painfully obvious, but, for the ones who aren't like me, and wouldn't notice, need a confirmation.

I had planned for this day to be the best day ever *cue SpongeBob* but it was really just me doing homework and watching TV. Now it's 11:50 PM and I haven't done anything productive and it's starting to look like tomorrow might be the day. No, I've put this off for too long. It's not even that big of a deal though, it's 2018, this should be so normalized by now. Fuck it, I pick up my phone and open twitter, and I'm determined. Literally, I'm shocking myself right now, I saw like 6 tweets that I really want to like, but I ignore them and go right ahead and type it. " i need a cute boy or cute girl to hold my hand right now or i might spontaneously combust".

Now everyone knows. My name is Lilia Charlotte Buckingham and I am bisexual. I'm attracted to boys and girls, and no, that's not an excuse to sleep with everyone. I can be in a romantic relationship with a boy or a girl and it's my fucking choice. Goodnight world. I hope I just broke the internet.

Song(s) for the chapter: Bored- Billie Eilish ; I'm Coming Out- Diana Ross