Mas Adelante - Chapter Four

"What's up homies?" Ruby walked up behind Jamal and Monse, "I had the best night! I feel like a brand new man." He smirked, holding his backpack straps.

Monse looked at him in disgust, shaking her head. "I don't want to hear about you masturbating last night."

"No." Ruby laughed, "no masturbating. I'm talking about the real deal." He nodded, the smirk still evident on his face.

Jamal laughed, "really ruby?"

"A handy doesn't count as the real deal." Monse shook her head.

"Im serious!" He huffed, "ya boy." He pointed at himself, "got it in!"

Monse gagged and Jamal high fived him, followed with a bro hug.

"Yo." Cesar walked up, causing Ruby to freeze up, his smile falling.

"Hey." Monse said.

"Have any of you seen Lola? She left the house last night and I haven't heard from her since." They all shook their heads, Ruby more aggressive than the rest.

"I think she spent the night with someone." Cesar stepped closer, talking in a hushed tone, "between us I think she's having sex."

"What!" Ruby chuckled nervously, "she's so young!"

"I know, that's why I need to find out with who. Oscar wants him 'dead'." He sighed, "I need you guys' help."

Monse and Jamal nodded, "of course what can we do?"

"I think he's a senior." Cesar said, "I'm not one-hundred percent sure, but I think it's Angelo."

"Angelo?" Jamal gasped, "but he's so... dirty!"

Monse glared at him, "we'll talk to him," she nodded, "don't worry we'll figure it out."

Cesar nodded, "thank you guys." He turned to ruby, "you good compa? Lookin' a little pale."

"I'm good." He forced a wide, toothy smile.

Cesar smacked his lips together, "okay then." Then he walked away, holding the strap to his back pack.

Monse sighed. "Who's gonna talk to Angelo?"

"Not Jamal." Ruby and Jamal shook their heads.

"Okay then I'll do it." Monse shrugged, but they shook their heads again.

"Why not?"

"You're going to end up saying something stupid and his crack head–ass is gonna get mad." Jamal took in a sharp breath, "why don't we all do it? Like a together–group sorta thing?"

Ruby's eyes almost popped out of his head. "What? Why do I have to be there?"

"Come on, its for Cesar, he would've done it for you." Monse grabbed his arm, "just our luck, he's sitting right there." She pointed at a lunch table. Angelo was sitting with his friends, smoking a cigarette.

"What if he's not in a good mood?" Ruby shook his head, "we should wait."

Monse sucked her teeth, "Ruby hurry up!"

Ruby had no choice but to shrug along his friends, hiding behind Jamal.

"Hey Angelo." Monse smiled, "um I don't know if you remember me but I was in you bio class."

Angelo looked up slowly, then looked at her up and down. "What do you need?" Then he looked at Jamal and Ruby, squinting his eyes.