Mas Adelante - Chapter Twenty Two

"You're gonna have to fight me first, puto." Lola chuckled evily at Cesar, running around the table. The ceremony was over and the party wouldn't start for another half hour, so they were entertaining themselves however they could. Even if it was Cesar trying to pull her eyelash off to see what it looked like off of her face. She took off in sprint, holding her heavy dress as her bare feet hit the floor. She turned to see if Cesar was chasing after her, but she hit a hard body, causing her to groan. Her reflex was to run a hand over her belly. But with her dress it just looked like she was just flattening the tool.

"Hey pretty girl."

Ruby looked up from his conversation with Jamal when he heard that, furrowing his eyebrows when he saw Sad Eyes in front of his girlfriend.

"Let me holla at you for a sec." He nodded his head to the front yard and she followed him, Ruby's curiosity growing further. But he brushed it off since he was Oscar's homie and Oscar was probably looking for her. So he sat back, continuing to listen to Jamal ramble on as Cesar and Monse sat next to them.

Lola stood in front of him, squinting her eyes to block the sun. "What's up?" He looked around, when he saw the coast was clear; he snaked his arm around her waist and pressed a kiss to her lips. As soon as she could react, she shoved him off, scolding him. "What the hell are you doing? Oscar's literally inside, pendejo!"

"He said he was taking a nap with his girl so he could last through the night." He shrugged, "that gives you time to tell me how my two lil babies are doing."

She hushed him, shaking her head softly. "Can you shh?" She covered his mouth, "I told Ruby it was his."

"What?" Sad Eyes pressed his lips together, "you're joking right?"

Lola nodded, "I had also told Angelo but his bitch ass was no help. You have a girl and I gotta take care of mines. Ruby's my boyfriend."

"I told you I would leave her." He sipped from his beer can, his eyes never left her though.

She scoffed, "and what good would that do? Just make it more obvious."

"Oh so when the baby don't come out five feet with curly hair it won't be obvious? Tengo el pinche nopal en la frente and so will this baby." She stared at him for a second and he took in a deep breath, he knew that look meant: if he doesn't calm down she's walking away.

"You done Chris?"

He licked his lips, nodding. "Sorry."

She raised her eyebrows, exhaling through her nose. "I'll figure it out."

"Cause you can do that." He continued to nod, "if I could sneak you in and out your bedroom window without Spooky finding out, we can hide this a'ight?"

"What does me sneaking out of my window have to do with this child Christian?" She face palmed, another reason why she never took him serious. He was always just a 'call me when your boyfriends mad' or a 'call me when you're mad at your boyfriend' hook up. He couldn't be taken serious for more than ten minutes.

Sad Eyes shook his head, smiling softly with a pout of his lips. "Dame un besito, preciosa."

She rolled her eyes, but smiled right after, the first few people had began to arrive. "I got to go. Keep your mouth shut."

"My mouth will only stay shut if you give me a kiss." She tilted her head, pursing her lips. "I hate when you do that, you look like Spooky."

She leaned forward, giving him a chaste kiss that he didn't even get to react to. Then she walked away, holding her dress.