[CHAPTER FOUR] : Seeing Purple

Sunday 3:30 A.M.
{MINOR DRIZZLE}

You'd been sitting against the building wall for what felt like days now. Over time you felt more and more dizzy. This was how you die.

You felt a rush of freezing air breeze past you. You were too numb to even care at that point, it was probably the grim reaper coming to take you to wherever you were going.

"Oh, you poor, poor [CIVILIAN]..." a new voice pierced through the splashing of the raindrops. Which Operative was this? You were about to lift your head to get a look at whoever was talking, but they kneeled down in front of you.

Your eyes widened in fear once you saw the glowing, red triangle situated on the purple ribbon around a dark grey boater... belonging to...

Horrid_Night. The leader of the Day Union's enemy organization.

You pressed yourself against the wall to keep distant from the pitch black hand slowly reaching out for you. You felt like a zoo animal, afraid while a child reaches into your cage to pet you.

Their purple orbs were the only thing you could see, "the foolish [DAYS] left you to die?" They cooed in a mockingly sweet way. Before Horrid_Night could try anything else, two men dressed similarly to the leader came running.

"Ma'am, we need to leave!" The yellow Night panted, "an [OPERATIVE] is on us!" Horrid_Night growled as she stood up to her full height, being a head taller than her Operatives, "you fools!"

The two Night Operatives scrambled away running full speed in the other direction. Horrid_Night turned to you with a vicious glare you wished you could erase from your memory, "when I come back, pest, you won't be so lucky."

One strong kick to the gut told you that she wasn't playing around. She disappeared into thin air, of course these monstrous machines could teleport! Why would they not?!

A familiar feminine voice huffed in defeat, "phew... Argh! Those Nights are so annoying!"

You smiled and called out for Benevolent_Day softly with your exhausted body. Luckily, Benevolent_Day must've had good hearing, as she was able to spot you quick enough to start cleaning your wounds on the spot.

She took out a few cloths and bottles from the white box attached to the right side of her hip.

Your injuries burned when reacting to the many chemicals Benevolent_Day smeared onto them. She apologized after every hiss you uttered. Now she needed to get you back to the hospital.

She helped you up, pulling your right arm behind her neck and draping her left arm over your back to keep you steady. Everytime you pressed your foot a certain way into the cement, your stomach stung like a million angry hornets nested inside.

The hospital was almost like heaven for the two of them after that long and rainy walk. The receptionist was about to glare until she noticed that it was Benevolent_Day. You were ushered into a room where Benevolent_Day would check for any major internal injuries that might've occurred when you were sliced.

Benevolent_Day grinned, attempting to soothe her patient, "you're looking good, (Y/N). Hang in there for me, alright?" You nodded, smiling brightly as Benevolent_Day left the room to get better tools for the job.

Another doctor entered while Benevolent_Day was away. He introduced himself as Dr. Kert, the anesthesiologist in the hospital.

You counted down, inhaling the anesthesia while you did so, and you felt drowsy. Your head laid peacefully back onto the pillow. Benevolent_Day returned with the supplies and was surprised to see you already knocked out.

It was whatever, it made her job much easier for the patient. She got to work on your stomach.