2.

FOUR YEARS AGO

She wrapped the sheets around her body and turned to the other side of the bed. Her heart hammered against her chest. Escort or not, she had given herself to this man last night. She winced at the ache between her thighs but still managed to step down from the bed. She turned around and found him sleeping on his side of the bed. The sheets covered his lower body.

Apple blushed at the thought of last night. Her eyes ran across his impressive body. Every muscle on was well earned, probably due to the amount of exercising he did. His biceps were thick and his abs so well defined. His face put any mythical Roman hero to shame. He was just so majestic. But he was very authoritative too. While they were drawn to each other, there was still a lack of affection on his behalf. He was very ... disciplined and mechanical. There was foreplay, oh the hickeys on her neck were a proof, but he was by no means... gentle and loving.

He was not like the gentle protagonists she had read about in the romance books.

She turned away from the bed but not before getting embarrassed by the small red patch on the bedsheets. She quickly walked inside the bathroom, picking her clothes up on the way.

The bathroom was huge, to say the least. The large bathtub with a backdrop of the Big Apple through the glass window was very appealing, but she didn't feel like using it, especially without his permission. She walked to the shower and looked at the different faucet, taps and settings. After studying all of them, she turned the faucet on. The large showerhead powered warm water on her, and she sighed in contentment.

She didn't take long before coming out of the bathroom and wiping her body with the towel. She brushed her teeth with the help of an extra plastic toothpaste present and tied her hair into a simple ponytail. She wore her day-old undergarments and last night's dress before standing in front of the mirror.

Her face was devoid of any make-up, it was fresh and clean. Her cheeks, however, were the colour of reddest apples. It suited her round face. Her azure eyes blinked at her face in the mirror before the gaze dropped to the deep purple bruises on her neck and shoulders. Her eyes widened, now how will she go back to her dorm with all of this on display.

Maybe she could wear something of his?

She walked into the connected dressing area, and her mesmerising eyes took in the large wardrobe. Surely there must be a muffler here.

A muffler in September but desperate times called for drastic measures.

She opened various drawers and finally found the one that held an array of mufflers. She blinked at the extensive range of mufflers, she had just one: a baby pink muffler with pom poms. She picked out a grey muffler and wrapped it around her neck.

Picking up her heels she walked back into the room.

Now she could leave.

But he sat there at the edge of his bed. He turned to Apple. His deep hooded eyes observed her, they ran down her body, and she cowered. She looked down at the floor. His ministrations were long and intense.

"Come here," he commanded.

A little sound left her lips, but she stayed rooted to her spot. Why was he calling her when she was leaving? She looked up at him with great courage.

"I-I have to leave," Apple whispered.

"Come here," he said again. This time the tone was tight and much more rigid. This was a man who didn't like repeating himself. She slowly stepped towards him.