2. The First Hurdle

Vijaya searched the whole house but her daughter was not there. She was hell worried for her. Numerous thoughts crossed her mind but she didn't wanted to give them a heed.

She called every staff person of the house but no one had any clue about her daughter's sudden departure. One staff member suggested to check cash and other valuable of the house which made Vijaya more angry and she shouted on him.

She asked them to leave and then started calling every Friend of Suvi.

It's was afternoon when she was tried calling each and every person who had talked with Suvi, who knows her, anyone with whom she was seen were called and asked about her but all her attempts went in vain. There was no information of her from anyone.

At last Vijaya thought to report her daughter Missing complaint to the police. She reached the police station with Suvarna latest photo and pleaded to the inspector incharge to take immediate action.

Inspector - Madam please have some water and Calm down. We understand your state of mind but we can't fill a complaint before 24 hours of missing and you are telling me you last saw her at 7:30 p.m yesterday evening.

Vijaya - I don't know any rules sir. I just want my daughter back. Safe and sound.

Inspector - I understand that madam but we can't file a report. Your daughter is a minor so I will inform my patrolling team to start searching for her. Right now I am capable of only doing that.

Vijaya nodded her headed as she very well understand the situation where Survana has put her.

Mumbai....

Suvarna was tried explaining to the admin clerk about her uncle being the ex-student of the college but the clerk was persistent about not giving any details regarding any Ex- student of the college.

This was the first hurdle she faced from when she left her house. She knew the road wasn't easy but she couldn't come up with anything to come out of the situation.

She was angry and dejected but she had not lose any hope. She was still sitting outside the office, when it was time to lock the college office the peon asked her to leave the bench.

Her face fell but then she stood up and asked the peon.
"Uncle, can you please help me, I am searching for my father's home address. He has studied here. Please."

"You can ask about the same to your father." The peon replied and started moving further.

"I would have, if he was alive." Survana murmured and the old peon stopped. He pitted the girl and asked her to come with him.

They reached a room behind the clerk office and the peon turned on the lights. "Beta, this is record room from 1920 to 2003 all the students information is here you can search it yourself."

Suvarna nodded her head and moved towards the cupboard. She started counting years on her fingers. She concluded that her father would be of her uncle's age so might be around 38 or 39. She searched files between 1982 to 1985 but she didn't find Arvind name in anyone.

Her eyes were full of tears and when the peon realised that it will be mid night in half an hour, he asked Survana to come with her to his house.

The 14 year old was terrified by the peon words. Gauri and Vijaya has always asked her to be careful with men. She decided she couldn't go with him. She stood there thinking about some excuse but where she could go right now, she had no one idea.

The old peon saw that the brave girl was now nervous and he understood the reason very well to why she was not replying him. "Beta, my home is in the quarters of college towards the backside garden. I stay there with my wife and 3 daughter's. You can stay with us there."