Twenty Six.

"Are you ready?"

"Are you ready?"

"Not really."

"I'll stay with you, Shifty," Riley proposed during the loading of the large trucks that they were driving to the woman's camp that none of them could ban out of their minds. Many soldiers had heard the Jewish prisoner talking about that place, but no officer gave them the mission to rescue the women and so they didn't do anything. Riley didn't have to wait for orders of others, so she had proposed to Winters that she would go and whoever wants to come, was allowed to help. The major had agreed and within an hour, the whole company knew about her plan.

A large part of Easy Company turned up the next morning by the cars, all dressed up in their new uniforms and holding things like blankets or food crates in their arms. The people who didn't want to come, who couldn't watch it again, were preparing the church and freeing more space so that all the prisoners could get out of their camp, out of that gruesome cage.

"You're too nice, Riley."

"Watch out soldier, don't compliment her too much. It is going to get in her head," a voice behind them commented. Both of the chatting friends turned towards the sound, a young blond-haired woman stood there with the largest smirk on her face.

"Irene!" Riley pulled her in a tight embrace and buried her nose in her shoulder. "You're back."

"I've missed you, Wilson," Irene sniffled, her soft fingers brushing through Riley's long locks.

"How come you're here?" she asked the nurse, curiosity breaking the hug apart.

"Nixon. Thanks to him, they've transferred me here. It was normally going to take another week until they'd send me, but I've heard of your mission and left that moment. I wasn't going to let you go without me."

"You didn't have to rush like that, Irene."

"No, I did. You aren't going to take care of yourself, so I am doing it for you. You've already stopped Joseph and Eugene from accompanying you, I'm here instead," she explained.

"You didn't get into any trouble for me, did you?"

"Don't worry about it, Riley."

After loading all the trucks and dividing every soldier over the vehicles, they were ready to leave and go through the horrors once again. Malarkey had taken place right next to Riley, Sisk was following her and Irene, with Luz in the seat next to her, closed the row. Nixon and Winters had come one last time to say goodbye before they left, both going to church instead, since Speirs and Lipton were already with joining the group heading to the camps.

"Your own life comes first. No matter how bad it looks for them, you have to be selfish. We can't afford to lose more soldiers, we don't lose anybody else. If something goes wrong, you come back immediately," Winters ordered. Riley nodded softly while he was talking and agreed with what he was telling her. Easy company can't thin out even more.