Danger #6.2

Her eyes were so brown. We kept on staring at each other's eyes but not like the glaring battle we used to share. This is more..comfortable.

We stayed like that for a minute but something happened. Her eyes became wide and alert, and I know my eyes looked like that too. I glanced around, and my thought is confirmed when I saw Normani and Ally exchanged alert looks, only Dinah seems oblivious about what happened. The music blaring inside our room is loud, but not loud enough. We are Reapers, we can hear threats from miles away.

And we just heard a gunshot.

Before any of us could react, Camila was on her feet and sprinted outside the room. With a blink of an eye, I'm running behind her. I don't know what's really happening. I just ran after her without thinking. She reached the staircase and ran four steps at a time. She's pretty damn fast for someone so small.

We reached the school lobby. I silently thanked God because no students were outside to see this scene. There's a good chance that they would think that me and Camila are killing someone again. Camila didn't stop. She ran outside the building.

"Lauren," Normani called. I dared to look back and cursed mentally when I saw Ally and Normani sprinting behind me. They wore the same expression as mine. Cold and Alert. Ready for any attacks. The Reaper's mask.

"Where's Dinah?" I asked. It's hard to keep up with Camila, she's approximately five meters ahead us.

"Room," they answered in unison.

Suprising she didn't run after us. 

"We convinced her to stay there," Ally added. Like Camila, she's pretty fast for someone so small. But I can understand Ally, she's a Reaper. But Camila? What the heck is she?

The petite brunette lead us to the park. I almost stopped. This is where the murder happened. I felt a kind of anxiety. Is Camila leading us to our death? No. No. She wouldn't do that. Would she? Damn it. I glanced behind me. Ally and Normani looked determined, of course, they're following me. They trust me. And I don't trust myself this time. I only trust my guts to ran after Camila, without knowing what's waiting for us.

Another gunshot. More nearer. I clenched my teeth. Unconsciously my hand went to my thighs. "Shit!" I cussed. My gun isn't with me.

Camila didn't stop at the park. She ran into the woods behind the park. Where, I'm pretty sure, the gunshot came from.

We ran like a wind, not making any sound. The darkness consumed us, there's no light illuminating the woods except the moonlight. Camila was so fast I almost didn't see her jumped and grabbed a branch of a tree. Above, she continued her marathon. And we followed suit.

I concluded jumping from branch to branch of trees is more easier than running. I never realized the woods behind the park is this huge, I never paid attention to it. We kept following Camila until she stopped. And we know why. Under us, five men wearing black suits were dragging an unconcsious blonde girl. I narrowed my eyes. Those men are Reapers from other Mafia. I don't know what Mafia though, I don't see any sign of their Mafia's symbol.

Camila has a ability to surprise us with her stupid stunts. She jumped silently from the tree, unbelievably landed behind the men like a cat. Without a sound. I held my breath, watching her with wide eyes. She knocked the first man out silently by twisting his head. No one noticed. What kind of reapers are they? They're so stupid. Camila tried the same technique on another man, she managed it but the man made a sound before he passed out. That's when hell broke lose.

The other three, including the one dragging the unconcsious blonde looked back at Camila, their guns ready. Without thinking, I jumped from the tree, directly landing on one of the men, the one standing beside him pointed the gun towards me but I'm fast enough to grab his hand and twist it, while kicking the head of the one I landed at. Both men groaned painfully. But the one I'm holding got back to his senses and moved fast, like a normal Reaper, he tried to hit me, his move is sloppy I dodged it without putting much effort. I managed to take the gun from him and pointed at his chest. He stiffened. I smiled, the smile that made my enemies run to their mommies. My finger is itching to squeeze the trigger. 

Before I could squeeze it, the man passed out, Camila was behind him holding a large rock. She looked at me coldly. "Put that thing down." I shivered at her cold voice. Wow. Just like that. The Ice Princess is back.

I glanced around, all our foes are unconscious. And I'm still holding the gun tightly, I want to have even just one kill. But something's telling me, Camila wouldn't like it. Normani and Ally jumped from the tree and joined us.

"Who are they?" Normani muttered. But Ally rushed to check on the blonde girl. Camila walked toward me and snatched the gun out of my tight grip.

"I said put that down!" she said angrily. She looked at the gun disgustingly and threw it.

I repeated Normani's question. "Who are they, Camila?"

Camila snorted. She checked the men's pulses one by one. "They're just like you. You don't know them?"

"We don't have time to have an acquaintance party with the other Reapers. Sorry," I said sarcastically, earning a deadly glare from Camila. "What do they need, Camila?"

She shook her head. "They're still alive." Avoiding my question.

"We have to kill them," I told her seriously.

Camila didn't answer.

"Camila, you can't leave them alive. They'll remember you. And they'll come back for you!"

"Is that how Reapers do?" Camila asked quietly. Clearly struggling to kill these men or not.

"Sometimes," I answered unsurely. "Camila. I know this isn't the first time you kill someone."

Her eyes looked at me, the anger is back. "Fine, give me the gun."

I picked the gun and handed it to her. She took it and pursed her lips. It seems so hard for her to kill someone. But that expression change to coldness. She pointed the trigger and shot the men one by one.

Blood.

I felt a kind of euphoria. My hands itched. I want a kill too.

When she's finished, she threw the gun. And walked back outside the woods. Without looking back.

"Help," Ally said, lifting the blonde girl. Normani and I helped her.

We brought the blonde at the school clinic.

Every single day I spent here. My question is just the same but the answer is getting harder and harder to find: Who are you Camila?

__________________________________________________________

Done.

Hang in there.