Chapter:3

Kera POV

I walk down the street to get to my house and see a group of guys standing there, laughing really loud.

This makes me very paranoid. I walk faster and get to my house. "What's got you in a hurry?" A deep voice asks startling me. I look over at Parker's house to find him sitting on the railing smoking a joint.

He looks so good.

"Don't want the pizza to get cold." I say forcing a small laugh.

He just hums and takes another drag from the joint. "You wanna join me?" I ask out of the blue and almost facepalm myself. He smirks and takes one long drag before throwing the remaining bit on the ground and stepping on it.

"Sure." He says walking over to me. I turn around and open the door and hang my jacket up. "Make yourself comfortable. I'll get us something to drink." I says and hand him the boxes.

"Wine, beer, juice?" I ask and he replies wine.

I grab two wine glasses and a bottle of red wine.

I walk into the living room and see that he took his jacket and shoes off.

"So, why would you invite a stranger into your home to eat pizza with you?" He asks with a smirk on his lips. His lips.

"I know your name so your not a complete stranger." I says and open the box of pizza. My eyes widen at what's inside.

A number is written on the inside of the top with a name and a message. Call me ;).
Jaxon.

I blush and look anywhere but at Parker.

"Looks like you made a friend." He says with a hint of amusement and something else that I can't catch. I just grab a slice and stuff it in my mouth.

"So, What do you do?" I ask after a few minutes of awkwardly chewing my food.

"What do mean?" He asks with a confused look. "What kind of work do you do?" I ask more clearly.

"I own a few companies." He says seriously and I raise my brows in an understanding way.

"Cool. So your like the cliche insanely rich guy that it all hard-core. All work and no play?" I ask teasingly but also very curious.

He smirks and takes a sip of wine. He leans closer to me until his face is so close to mine that our breaths mingle. His eyes are a bit bloodshot. "You're right about the insanely rich part. And who says I don't play? After all, you got a front row seat to one of my private shows earlier today." He says looking all smug and my whole face flushes in embarrassment. He knows.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I deny creating space between the two of us. I take a large drink from my wine and look at anything but him.

"Sure you don't." He says sarcastically.

"Moving on. What do you do for a living?" He asks still looking smug when I shyly look at him.

"Well, I'm fresh out of college. I have a degree in Fashion and Design." I tell him.

"You didn't answer my question though. What do you do for a living?" He asks looking serious. I gulp.

"I'm looking for a few jobs in my field. None have come back to me though so I am not doing anything for the time being." I says looking down at my lap.

I hear him hum and I look up at him. "What?" I ask taking the last swing from my glass.

"Well, you have a degree but no job. You live in this huge house on your own. There is only two things that can explain this situation." He smirks and I raise my brow at him.