stupidity is part of the plan

Bev POV

I turned to see Ben, holding me against his chest. "You okay Bev?" He asked in a low tone, his face redder than a tomato. I nod in response and move farther away from the edge. What does this stupid clown even want with me anyways? It's not like I'm anything special. There are more beautiful girls, there are smarter girls, there are other girls that get abused, and there are other girls just like me. The next time I see the clown I just need to ask it. And with that thought, I come up with a really stupid plan.

     My plan is to wait until everyone else is asleep. Then I'll walk by myself down to the quarry and hopefully meet IT on the cliff. If anything goes wrong I can jump into the water down below... even if I can't swim. Well obviously this plan is still being thought through. A few minutes after I come up with this master plan, we are called to eat. We go inside, and have a silent meal. Afterwards we all head back into the barn and I wait for all of them to fall asleep. This only takes a few minutes, which doesnt really suprise me. I slowly climb down the ladder, careful of my injuries and keeping quiet. Every time I hear even the slightest noise I freeze. And every time nobody wakes up or even makes a sound. Except for Richie, who is mumbling something about a girl named Alex and marriage. I just snicker, and quickly exit the barn.

     Outside the barn, the air is hot and a little sticky but it't still a little cooler than when it's day. I crouch down when I see lights on in the house, and I run across the yard. When I reach the front road, I stand straight up and start walking down the road. I close my eyes and try to keep my mind blank as I walk down the road listening to crickets. My eyes tear up and my bruises throb when I pass Henry's house. I can't help thinking about how he saved me, and helped nurse me back to health like a wounded animal. Something pulled me to that strange boy, but I know better than to go near him. I know he has a heart but he's trying to hide it. I changed the subject in my head back to the plan. If I jumped off of that cliff, I would probably drown. But maybe if I drown, then the clown will go away right? It's worth a shot.  I kept my mind blank for the rest of the walk. When I got to the quarry, I walked to the cliff and looked around waiting for the clown.

     As I looked down into the water below, I heard a high pitched giggle coming from behind me. As I turned around, goosebumps went up my arms. He was about three feet away, with a terrifing grin on his face.
"Hello Bevy. Arent you dumb to come out here?" IT said with its creepy voice.
"What do you want? Why do you keep coming after me?" I asked, trying to will my voice not to shake.
  "Thats for me to know, and you to die for!" He screamed and started laughing hystarically. "Get it? To die for? Because you really want to know?" And he started laughing again.
  "I dont get it, there's girls just like me. Why not go after them?" I said trying to sound reasonable. I didnt want to die, and if he didnt back off i would need to jump. So at the moment this is a die die situation.

It steps towards me, and I step back. He takes another step, and so do I. This continues until I'm at the edge of the cliff. "Well, I guess you'll never know why I want you dead so badly will you?" It said. At that moment I realized I had a pencil in my pocket and it gave me an idea.

     I looked past him and forced a releived look onto my face. "Oh my god Bill thank God you're here. Help me" i said pleading. The clown turned its head only around and looked, falling for my trick. "Made ya look! I yelled as I started running back to the main road. I heard the frustrated howl from behing me and kept running as fast as i possibly could. I kept my head fowards knowing that if I looked behing me right now, at this moment then I would be done for. I exited the throught some bushes and kept running on the road. I felt safer on the road and took the chance of looking behind me and I saw nothing. I stopped and listened as hard as I could for any sort of sound. But when I heard nothing, I started walking back towards Mike's house. I looked at the stars, feeling giddy and full of adrenalin. Suddenly, something big and black started to dive down towards me at high speed. I didn't even have to think before I started running and screaming for help. This time I did look back, and just to see a gint bird flying at me with its claws open. I dropped to the ground on my stomach, all of the air leaving my lungs. I gasped for breath as I started to run again trying to scream for help. I could see headlights coming my way, and I started waving my arms hoping that they would stop for me. But I hadn't recognized the car until the window had been rolled down to reveal a crazy face that made me want to take my chances with the bird. It wa smy dad.
     "Holy shit!" I said in a quiet squeaky voice. I one again started running, and thist time felt a stitch in my side. I ran to get away from both of the horrors behing me. I could hear my dad's car start to turn around fairly slowly and the sound of the birds wings hitting the air. I screamed for help, hoping that somebody, anybody would hear me. I kept running, hearing the wings and car get closer. Then I had another idea. If I went with my father, I would be safe. For now at least. Adults couldnt see IT,  so I would be safe from IT but who knows what my dad would do to me. At that moment, I saw a second pair of headlights coming straight at me. I started waving my arms hoping that the driber would stop for me.... and they did. But what I wasn't ready for was the person inside the car.
     "Get in"was all they said.

I hope that you enjoyed this chapter. As always vote and comment. I love to hear what you have to say. Today was my first day of summer vacation, and I'm officialy a Junior in highschool. Anyways now that I'm out of school I'm hoping I'll be able to update more.