« two »

• Michael •

'Hi I'm Ashton!', the boy held his hand out, obviously wanting me to shake it. I shrugged and placed my backpack behind my chair.

I wasn't that kind of guy who immediately shook someone's hand. They might stab you in the back with a knife when you turn around.

So what I was trying to say is: don't trust people. Never.

They always end up telling you lies, break their promises or do something that really hurts you. Or at least that's my vision of people, my vision of him.

He had practically ruined everything in my life. He made me lose trust in people, lose my confidence and my self-respect.

He was and still is the reason why I dye my hair.

Well at least I've stopped with cutting. It first looked like it was an escape, but when reality hits you, you realize that it really doesn't help. It only makes your body weak and you have so many suicidal thoughts when the razor hits your wrist, that you may accidentally cut too hard and kill yourself.

I've almost done that one time, but good for me -or maybe not- my mom found me in the bathroom and immediately called the ambulance.

That was actually the real reason why we moved to this place, not only because of the nice change of course. If you believed that you are really naive. And everybody only realises that their friend is broken when it's too late. And I have some experience with that fact.

'You know, I'm the one that needs to show you around?', it came more out as a question than as an actual fact.

'No problem, I'll find the way in this hell hole by myself', I shrugged. Ashton chuckled and got seated next to the Asian boy. To the right there was the blue-eyed weirdo. I didn't know he was friends with that guy.

'Hey michael you can sit here!', Ashton pointed to the chair next to the unfriendly one. No way in hell I'm going to sit next to him!

'No thanks', I weakly smiled. Ashton looked kind of disappointed and the Asian guy just sighed. At least they leave me alone and wouldn't push me.

'Hey freak', someone hissed behind me. I turned around to face the person but the last second I realised that it wasn't worth my energy. They just want my attention and if I ignore them they at least try to stop.

'Michael please? Just ignore Luke', Ashton begged.

So that was his name; Luke.

I sighed and just shook my head. I didn't want to sit next to that Luke guy. I just tried to be nice but of course that dumbass always felt the need to say something mean.

I picked up my books and grabbed my backpack from behind my chair. The least I could do was being friendly to Ashton, he did seem a genuine friendly guy.

I walked towards the seat next to Luke and got seated. I placed my backpack again behind my chair and sighed. I just realized that I already sighed too much today and it was only my first day of school.

'Hey freak', Luke grinned. I just ignored him and paid attention to the teacher that had just walked into the classroom. I better didn't have bad grades from the start, so I just wrote everything down that the teacher said.

And that seemed another reason for Luke to mutter some annoying stuff about me.

Good for him that I was used to it.

»

When my first classes were over, I walked with the big crowd to the cafeteria. In my previous school they had the most horrible food ever, that's why I had taken pizza every day. It was the only thing where you didn't find some piece of plastic in it, but it sure doesn't give you muscles or a good looking posture.

I grabbed a plate and tried to find the pizza, but it looked like everybody already had picked that so I needed to be content with some fries. At least I can eat something, so I should be grateful. I decided to pick the chicken with some fries and a diet coke.

So now I was looking for a place to sit, and since I'm not a person who makes friends easily I didn't knew where I could sit. I sighed for the thousandth time this day because now I realized for the millionth time that my life sucks. And there's not really a thing that I can change. I was interrupted from my thoughts when I heard somebody calling my name.

'Hey Michael!', Ashton called. 'Why don't you sit with us?', he asked me whilst pointing to the free chair next to Luke. Not this again. I walked over to them with my plate and placed it on the table.

'So how's your first day going so far?', the Asian one asked me. 'Fine I suppose', I fake smiled. 'I'm Calum by the way', the boy smiled. He looked like a good friend just like Ashton. But why was Luke sitting with them? He looked like a popular kid, a rich one that thought he was the most beautiful person ever on the whole earth. Because let's be honest, every school has somebody like that.

'I'm Michael. But you can call me Mike or Mikey or whatever you want', I showed a genuine smile now.

'Or maybe we can call you freak or weirdo or green haired loser?', Luke spoke up for the first time in the conversation.

'Can you shut up for once?!', Ashton asked Luke angrily. 'What the hell is your problem with him Luke? You haven't even talked to him once and the only things you call him are a freak or a weirdo!', he almost yelled.

Luke looked slightly shocked by his words and stayed silent. 'I'm sorry for him. He just has those times when he is a complete and utterly asshole. It seems like you just saw this side of him, but he also has a really good side', Ashton said.

I just smiled and continued eating. Because what else can you do when someone calls you names that really hurt? I don't know how much longer I'm going to live until I completely break down.

To sum it up: The first day of school sucks.

- - -

(Edited: 25/08/15)
I just want to say if you except luke and michael already kissing and in love: you are reading the wrong fanfic. They aren't even at the part where they know each other's last names.

// vote // comment // share // follow if you liked it??

x Julie