04

CORBYN

"You wanna take a couple minutes?" He says putting his hand on my shoulder to calm me down. "Yeah, is that ok?" I questioned, "Yeah of course take all the time you need. I'm here and not leaving." He looks over at me with a warm and concerned smile.

I lean into his body, putting my head on his shoulder attempting to ground myself and process the thoughts in my mind. "Jo? What do I do? She's controlling, she tries to control my every move. She just doesn't do it around other people." He looks over at me with a smile that looks like he wants to help but doesn't know how.

"Well, I would say...just be patient with her, if she starts to question you of why you're hanging out with me a lot and not her. Tell her that I'm helping you cope, that it's easier to go to me because I've been through the same thing and we wanna help each other work through this." He says bending down in front me.

"If you ever need to get away from the stress and need to come by, do not hesitate, please." I look down at the floor, blushing. Jonah sits down on the floor, he starts blushing out of the corner of my eye. I could tell that he somewhat wished that I would stay at his place.

That he wanted to pull me out of the situation I was in and make it better. "Thanks JoJo. I really appreciate it." I say, my cheeks coated with a thin layer of warmth. "Anytime Corby. Anytime..." he says, audible at first, then it just trails off to a indistinct whisper.

I pick up on a slight shift in his mood, I join him in the floor. "I know this is a lot to comprehend and take in but as much as you're here for me I'm here for you. Ok? I don't like seeing you broken because of me." I pull him into a hug, holding tight.

"Thanks Corbyn, it is kinda hard to help you through this without having the fear that you might forget me too and everything we've been through in just this short time." Jonah says worryingly, concerned as if he doesn't want to be forgotten by me because maybe he likes me? I don't know, I like him, I think he feels the same.

I kiss his cheek, slyly to see if they heat up. "Don't worry Jo, you're one person I'll never forget." I say pecking his cheek again. He looks over at me as I pull away, a warm glazed look in his eye.

Jonah pulling me into a hug, starts to cry, the tears hitting the back of my shirt. He cradles the back of my head, I soon do the same for him.

We pull away, hands on each other's hearts. "Promise me this is just between us." I say holding out my pinky finger.

He wraps his pinky around mine, a simple and silly thing that young kids do. "I promise, I'll never tell her, only when your ready." Jonah says looking down at our hands intertwined.

"Thanks. How do I tell her? I'm going to crack under the emotional pressure." I say starting to get anxiety, "Corbyn, stop it. I'm here." Jonah says to me as he leads me slowly out to her.

"There you are! Where were you?" Christina says as she locks eyes with me. "Omg are you ok? What happened did he hurt you?" "Yes, and no I'm fine." I reply back, looking back into his eyes. 'Quite the opposite actually...he saved me.' I thought as she focuses my attention back on her.

"What happened?!" She says, almost demanding an answer. "Well..,they took me back to run some tests, and well I'm all good!" I say all perky trying not to give it away that I was blatantly lying to who was supposed to be the love of my life

Until she wasn't.

A/n just gonna...go now bye

WC: 682