Oliver and Elliot knew each other since they were five years old. Before girls came into the picture, before death came into the picture, before life came into the picture. When things were simple.

They were there for each other through everything. For years, they had an unbreakable bond. Even when Elliot's mother started bringing bad men into the room of her only son, even when Oliver's family decided that he didn't look the part of their picture perfect family.

Through it all, they had each others backs and the bond kept- when more friends came and when those friends left. When report cards caused more tensions within the families- when they gazed and wished upon the stars, grieving crushed dreams. When they both got suspended for something they did not do- when they had to hide from punishment in the other's room. Through makeup and bruises, and passions and muses- They stuck together, "forever".

But when Elliot turned 13 years old, he decided that this cruel, cruel world did not deserve him. It did not deserve his pain, or his tears. It did not deserve too see his best friend's face fall every time Ellie came to him with too many bruises to count, limping, and with cold, unseeing eyes. It did not deserve his anger, or his sadness, or to hear his cries.

So Elliot made his choice to end it. And everyone was to know and to see it happen. They were to see what the world made him do.

All except Oliver. Because he would stop him, and he did not wish to be stopped.

But somebody told snitched and told an adult, and everyone went to go and stop him. His live stream later appeared on the news. It was a big, big mess. He survived and he had never been more embarrassed.

And Ollie made it his job to try and keep him happy, and keep him smiling, but all he wanted to do was curl up and sleep without having the burden of waking up again.

He was just so tired.

He was tired of the life he was living. He was tired of waking up everyday, hurting everywhere.

He was tired of pleading to his mom to let it stop, to please let them not come in, but they always do. And he was so damn tired of seeing his mom just walk away.

He was tired of seeing the boys he loved be tortured by the people that are supposed to love them too; harassed by people who shouldn't judge them. He hated seeing them shut down a little more, even as he felt himself doing the same.

And he hated that he couldn't feel warmth anymore, even when he was being hugged by the only ones who cared. But they couldn't know and he didn't let them, and as long as he smiled they were happy. 

Elliot long since mastered the fake smile. It became too much of a routine to notice at all.

He wanted to go, but he couldn't. Not yet.

Not when he knew Oliver would fall apart. His sensitive friend that had always said it had to be all of them or none of them. The friends he gained along the way... maybe they'd be okay. But Ollie needs just a little more of his strength. 

So he wakes up for those 6 other boys that need him. For the 6 boys he needs. For Ollie. His sweet little friend. The boy that never quite grew up. The boy that never wanted to.

"I'm sorry Ellie, I never help you when you need it."
"I am fine if I have you. So don't leave me either, okay?"
"... okay."