Starflight

Starflight hated that he hated school.

There were just too many people, too much drama, and too little BOOKS. Starflight's life literally revolves around books, and he hated that he loved it. He was considered a nerd, a bookworm, and often a silly child because he turned down fun things for a book that Starflight has read hundreds of times. A "nerd" like him should love school, but he didn't.

So on the first day back at school, Starflight vowed to read less.

As he entered the school, he saw Sunny and Clay waving at him.

"Sunny."

Every time Sunny looked at Starflight, he felt his heart leap out of his chest.  (cough cough this is awkward cuz I don't ship Sunnyflight. NO ARGUING WITH MY OPINION. EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN.) Starflight hurried on over to the two teenagers waving at him. The green haired girl turned over her shoulder and smirked, giving Starflight a small wave.

"Hey Starflight!" said that wonderful warm voice that always filled Starflight up with joy. "You won't believe what I heard! There is a library wing JUST FOR SENIORS! Isn't that great! All we need is a separate library card! Let's go at lunch." The golden haired girl waved, and Starflight's heart seemed to want to give Sunny a hug. The only downside was Starflight's promise to himself.

"Looks like that vow won't last for long," he thought as Starflight pictured the new and wonderful books waiting for him. He shyly nodded as he felt his face grow warm. 'Uhm, anyway, I brought everyone some snacks." Starflight passed Clay a slice of cake from the bakery down the street, as well as Sunny a cookie. 

"Aww, thanks Starflight! You didn't have to," Sunny grinned. Clay nodded as he unwrapped the cake and pulled a fork out of his pocket. Starflight and Clay just stared at him with confused faces.

"Hey guys- uh Clay? Is that fork even clean?" a green haired girl questioned, sipping her morning coffee. 

"GLORY!" smiled Sunny as she gave her a hug. "Hey Sunny!"Glory smiled back. Clay and Starflight waved and Clay began to dig into the cake. After a few minutes, Tsunami showed up. After a bit of chatting, the bell rang. The five departed and headed to their classes. Starflight looked at his schedule and saw Magic as his first class. " i'M sTuCk wItH MOrRoWsEeR?!?!" his brain screamed. He sat in his seat just as the bell rang. 

"Okay kids, how y'all doing?" said a voice. Everyone looked around confused, until they saw Fatespeaker walk in with an intoxicating bright face. (YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS) A few kids groaned, but Starflight just hoped he wasn't assigned to do a project with her.

"Fatespeaker," a voice boomed. Morrowseer looked at Fatespeaker horrifically and motioned her to her seat. She hopped into her seat as Morrowseer began to talk. "My name is Morrowseer and you all will be learning magic with me. Starflight's brain was screaming, "WHY COULDN'T I GET A DIFFERENT MAGIC TEACHER!!!".

Starflight began to take complex notes, and soon he was the one asking questions.

"Aren't you Mastermind's son? That explain's the notes," Morrowseer said out of the blue, eyeing Starflight's notes. Starflight nodded. Morrowseer continued with the lesson.

"So you will all learn your powers after the tribe ceremony. For example, all Nightwings read minds and see the future after the ceremony. You all probably will learn all about after some time. Lucky for you kids, your generation's ceremony is this school year. Because of this, I want every student in here to do a project in partners. It will be about the traces of magic throughout the generations of dragons and which dragons were the most powerful and imapctful on the world. I need a minimum of 2000 words in the essay and a slide presentation to report to the class. It is a group grade, not individual," Morrowseer announced the worst possible thing. Starflight's name said with Fatespeaker's. A few kids snickered.

"Do any of you want to switch places with Starflight? It could be arranged," Morrowseer threatened and the class went quiet. The bell  rang, indicating that it was time to go. As Starfllight was about to exit the classroom, Fatespeaker pulled him out and against the wall outside of the classroom. 

"Here's my number. We can meet whenever you want, okay?" Starflight only nodded. He looked at his schedule once Fatespeaker walked, or skipped actually, away. To Starflight's joy, he had a free period. Maybe he could go with Sunny to the library if it was hers too. Starflight pulled out his phone and texted Sunny. 

Starflight

Hi! Do you have a free period right now? 

                                                                                                                                                                                        Sunny

                                                                                                                                                                          Yeah, do you?

Starflight

I do, but do you want to meet at the library? We can check out the section you wewre talking about.

                                                                                                                                                                                         Sunny

                                                                                                                                      DUH!!!!!!!! I'LL SEE YOU THERE!

Starflight smiled giddily with glee as he made his way to the library.