prologue

EVERY FOSTER KID HAS A STORY OF HOW THEY ENDED UP WITH AN ADOPTIVE FAMILY. Kids like Lainey Willow, who were abandoned at a young age by parents who were way too young to have children because they barely finished college. Although Lainey was just a 3-year-old that had to hold her mother's hand when she crossed the street, she was still smart enough to remember what had happened the night her mother left her.

At the time, Lainey couldn't do anything but do what her mother demanded her to do, so she always followed her mother.

Cassidy Willow was heartbroken at the age of eighteen when she told her boyfriend that she was pregnant with his baby. Of course, the man didn't want to get involved, as they both just started college. He told her that once they finish college, he would move back in with them and help Cassidy raise their new baby girl.

But by the time he moved back in, Lainey was gone. The man was too late and Cassidy didn't want to see, nor hear from him ever again. The young woman's own decision left her heartbroken and lonely.

What happened to Lainey, you ask? Well, let's just say...she was left with people who can take care of her better...

A foster home.

★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★

[ AUTHOR'S NOTE ]
This chapter was short because all of my prologues are short. Do not worry, the next chapters are longer with more detail and dialogue.

I hope you enjoyed the prologue, at least!

Love, RIV.