four

LAINEY NEVER THOUGHT SHE'D SNEAK INTO HER CLASSMATE'S HOUSE WITH HIS FOSTER BROTHER WHO WAS APPARENTLY A SUPERHERO. Heck, no one would think they'd be stuck in that kind of odd situation! The sound of the creaking floor was irritating as they tried their best to get up the stairs.

"Who's there?" All three heads shot up and looked at each other in panic, not knowing what's going to happen next.

"Um, it's me," called out Freddy. All Lainey and Billy could do was keep their mouth shut. But when Billy clears his throat, their plan went downhill.

"Who's with you?" Lainey looked at Billy and mumbled a quick "you're a dumbass."

Freddy shushed Lainey then continued talking, "Uh...it's Billy! He's back." But that didn't stop Lainey from smacking the back of Freddy's head.

"Really? Billy, we were so worried about you!" That was when all three of them ran upstairs to the nearest room possible and shut the door. But that room was occupied...

"I told you this was a bad idea!" exclaimed Billy, pointing at Freddy.

Suddenly, the lights turned on, "Freddy?" Lainey's eyes widened.

"Why was I dragged into this?" the brunette sighed. She quickly avoided eye contact with whoever was there. Suddenly, Billy zoomed past both of them and covered a little girl's mouth, she was the one in the bed who turned on the lights.

"Hey, covering her mouth like you're gonna kidnap her is not gonna make her less scared, okay?" Freddy mumbled loud enough for all of them to hear.

"Darla, it's me, Billy. I know I don't look like me. A wizard-" Lainey cut him off.

"Maybe don't start with a wizard..."

Billy looked back at Darla, "Some old guy brought me to a temple and made me say Shazam."

All of a sudden, they all heard a noise from downstairs and they heard Victor yell, "Rosa?!"
And Billy was back to normal...

Lainey stared at Billy for what seemed like forever to her but was only really five seconds.

"Verbally triggered body manipulation properties, you can switch by saying Shazam!" Freddy exclaimed, but Lainey was still staring in awe.

Billy noticed, "You good, Lainey?"

The brunette stopped staring and realized what she was doing was quite creepy, "Yeah, just didn't think my evening would look like this..."

A few minutes passed and they had to deal with something else, "Listen to me, Darla; you cannot tell anybody about this!"

"But it's Billy, he's a hero!" Darla said, looking up at Freddy.

"Yeah, but if a super villain finds out; that endangers us, 'kay? Hero's loved ones are like the perfect bad guy target," explained Freddy.

"Is she even good at keeping secrets?" Billy asked, worried.

"Moderate..." Darla said.

Freddy shook his head, "No."

"Oh god..." Billy mumbled. Lainey really couldn't say anything about this situation. She just remained silent and really wanted to go home, "Um...Lainey?" the Batson boy mumbled.

Lainey turned her head to face him, "Hm?"

"You-you can go home if you want," he said with his face all red, "you helped us a lot and we're sorry we dragged you into this mess."

"It's no problem. But I'd really appreciate it if you guys didn't break into my house while I take a shower next time." Billy chuckled at Lainey's words.

"You got it."

"Well, bye Billy and Freddy," she left the room and ran downstairs, "Hey, Victor."

"Oh hey, Lainey. Wait- Lainey?!" By the time Victor realized Lainey was there, she had already left and was now running to her house, hoping Victoria didn't come home yet. She unlocked the door and stepped inside, the pot was still on the living room floor and there were still drops of water on the floor since she ran out of the shower soaking wet.

Victoria wasn't home yet, so Lainey decided to clean up a little and dry her still-kinda wet hair.

Twenty minutes later, Victoria arrived and saw her foster daughter watching TV. She smiled in relief when she saw Lainey sitting on the couch doing nothing risky or dangerous.

"You took a shower, Lainey?" asked Victoria. The teenager nodded, her eyes still on the TV, "Alright, did you have any homework from school today?"

"No," she answered, her eyes moving from the TV to Victoria.

"Well, I'll be taking you and picking you up from school tomorrow," Victoria smiled at her.

"Oh, okay. Cool."

Ten minutes passed by and it was time for bed, "Alright, kiddo; time for bed. It's already 10."

Lainey nodded and turned off the TV. She headed to bed right away.

Today was a strange day.

★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★

[AUTHOR'S NOTE]
Please don't get mad at me for not writing for almost 2 months ;-; I'm sorry I'm such bad author...
To make it up to you guys, I'll try getting Chapter 5 in by Saturday or Sunday, but I still can't promise.

Love , RIV.