One

They always told you, once you meet the man of your dreams, you'd do anything for them. I always thought when I did, I would only do what was good for me, at least until my dream guy would want to start our life together. God was I wrong.

Here I was, only a day after my second date with this guy, following him to Central City. "... plus the medical advances it could bring are brilliant, it could even bring a cure for cancer if studied properly" Barry went on. I smiled. "I rambled, didn't I?"

"Yes, but it's cute," I said. God, now I know why Oliver was so whipped by Felicity. "I may not have attended University, but I did have a liking for physics in High school"

"Well, I can find a way to explain it more.." he trailed off, trying to find a way to not offend me.

"Dumbed down?" I giggled, "Its fine Barry"

"I was going for de-nerdizing it, but okay" He chuckled. "Are you sure Oliver will survive without you?"

"Yea, he has the same training as me, plus he has Roy, Dig, and Sara" I nodded. Barry was the first date that I revealed my side job too, surprisingly he handled it well.

I waited patiently, holding Oliver's arm, trying to keep him even a little responsive. Barry was slowly coming to as I looked over at him, he looked startled at Dig and Felicity before his eyes landing on me and Oliver. "Can you save him?" I asked.

He was about to say something, but Oliver started coding. I grabbed onto his shoulder and pushed him back down. "Hold him" Barry instructed Felicity and Dig, who jumped right to it.

"He's not going to make it" Dig said.

"He well" Felicity protested. "We just need to find out what he was injected with"

"I usually only work on dead people," Barry said.

"Barry," I said, he looked at me before maneuvering around the table.

"I can think of 4 possible diagnoses' for why his body is reacting this way" he used the penlight to look at Oliver's eyes. "3 possible diagnoses" he checked Oliver's forearm. "2. Start chest compressions"

I immediately started. "Come on, Ollie" I whispered.

Barry raved back over, taking a sample of Oliver's blood. "1. He's suffering from intravenous coagulation" he looks up and sees all our confused faces. "His blood not clotting properly, it's like maple syrup"

"You can save him right?" Felicity asked, her voice nearly breaking.

Barry looked around the room, finding what he needed, he returned to a table near Oliver. "Luckily you guys have a rat problem," he said.

"Are you kidding? That'll kill him" Dig said.

"He does if I don't" Barry warned.

"Fel, Ave?" Dig looked at me and Felicity. I nodded.

"Do it" Felicity announced.

"Okay, it's just enough to help him get his blood circulating again," He said, giving Oliver a shot of the rat poison.

"Oliver, please" I pleaded. Dig took over compression.

"Stay with me, Oliver"

After he saved Oliver's life and proceeded to get a threat that if he told anyone about Oliver's identity, he would be dead with an Arrow in his chest, he and I sorta reconciled.

"It's amazing isn't it?" Barry asked a grey-haired man a seat away from us.

"Truly" The man nodded. "You two must be newly-weds"

"Oh no, we actually just met" I explained.

"Ah" the man nodded, "I followed my wife to the big city after a week of knowing her. We've been married for 40 years"

"Awe" I smiled.

"Next station, Central City Centre" our stop. I started gathering my stuff.

"It was nice talking" Barry grabbed his bag.

"Come on, we're going to be late" I took his hand we ran off the train. "Okay, I should go drop off my stuff at my moms"

"I have to get to a scene," He says looking at his phone. "Uh..."

"I'll drop my bag off at my mom's and I can meet you at the CCPD," I said.

"Yes, umm... I'll call when I'm on my way back to the precinct. I can pick us up some big belly burger if you want" He said.

"Yea sounds good," I said. "Umm.. you should probably go"

His phone was going off again. "I'll call," he said.

"Go" I smiled.

He ran off, racing down the road as I giggled. How I was so wrong...