Eight

9 long months. 9 months since Barry went into his coma, and everything has really changed. Joe and Iris had welcomed me into their life, Joe invited me for Sunday dinners, I spent the fourth of July with them, and they had just been amazing. 

I had the weekend off, so I decided to pay a visit to Starling, but before I left I went to visit Barry. He hadn't changed, but Caitlin mentioned he had slightly reacted to her dropping a tool, so she had hoped he would wake up soon.

I sat at his bedside, taking his hand and leaning on the bed. "Hey, Barr" I greeted. "I'm going to Starling for a trip, just to check how everyone is doing, handling things without me, making sure no one is killing each other. I'll be back Monday night, maybe early Tuesday morning. I don't really want to see Oliver, he pissed me off a few months ago, but I know I have to suck it up cause the man can't survive without me. I hope you wake up soon, your family needs you"

"Cisco, no!" Caitlin said. Cisco was turning on Poker Face by Lady Gaga. "Sorry, Avery"

"No, it's fine," I said. "Why are you even playing it, though?"

"I stalked his facebook, this is apparently his favourite song," Cisco said, "I mean, he can still hear us so"

"Well, I should get going, my mom wants to get dinner before I leave," I said, I stood up and leaned over and gave Barry a kiss on the cheek. As I turned to leave, he grabbed my hand and shot up. 

"Oh my god" I gasped.

"Holy" Cisco said, "He's up!"

"Barry," I said. He was freaking out, he took my arm and looked at me confused. 

"Avery?" He asked, "What the hell?"

"Relax, don't worry," I said.

"BP 170 over 110. pulse 120. Pupils equally reactive to light" Caitlin went into doctor mode.

"Where am I?" He asked.

"Caitlin, calm down," I said, "You're at STAR labs"

"STAR labs?" He asked. "What happened?"

"You were struck by lightning," I said. He was trying to get out of the bed but paused once I told him.

"I'm sorry, what?" He asked. He stood up and stood in front of one of the TVs with a camera. "Lightning gave me abs?"

I bit my lip and looked away. "Do you remember anything about that night?" Caitlin asked

"Oh my god," He said turning around to look at me, "You weren't hurt, were you?"

"I got thrown across the room, but I was fine," I said, "You have to let these guys take care of you"

"You've been in a coma for 9 months," Cisco said.

"9 months?" Barry asked.

"Indeed" Wells wheeled in, "It's good you're finally awake, Mr. Allen"

"Dr. Wells," Barry said.

"Follow me, Mr. Allen"

~

I was waiting for Barry to come back, I sent a few texts to my mom and sisters. 

Avery:
Barry is awake, wide awake

Laurel:
Really!!?

Avery:
Yea, when we told him he was hit by lightning, he first asked if I was okay

Dinah:
I knew I'd like him

Sara:
Have you told dad?

Avery:
No, I'll call him after we alert Iris and Joe