Eleven

Avery's 'old' suit in the media... Yes, I did make it on x-girls... don't judge...

_

"We have been going over unsolved cases from the past nine months, and there's been a sharp increase of unexplained deaths and missing people" Barry explained. 

"Your meta-humans have been busy" I sighed, leaning on the table.

"I'm not blaming you. I know you didn't mean for this to happen, I know you all lost something, but I need your help to catch Mardon and anyone else out there like him" Barry said, "I need your help, I can't do it without you"

"If we're gonna do this, I have something that might help" Cisco smiled.

~

"Something I've been playing with. It's designed to replace the turnouts firefighters traditionally wear" Cisco explained, turning the suit to face us. "I thought if STAR labs did something for the community, maybe people wouldn't be so angry at Dr. Wells"

I'll be honest, even if Harrison cured Cancer, a part of me will always be angry at him. Lances know how to hold grudges. I tuned out the world until I heard my name

"What about Avery?" Caitlin asked.

"I already have a suit," I said, pulling my duffel bag in. "It might need some improvement soon, but I have it"

I pulled out the mask and put it on, "You really are the Canary" Cisco said, "Awesome..."

"Let's kick some meta-human ass"

~

Barry raced us to the farm where Mardon had hidden out before the particle accelerator exploded. 

A tornado had spawned randomly and was headed for the city, Barry put me down and ran after Mardon. I saw a piece of debris flying at Joe and Eddie, Eddie was unconscious and Joe couldn't move. I let out my scream and the debris went flying in another direction. I ran over and helped Joe up. "You need to move him, take cover" I commanded.

"Who the hell are you?" He asked.

"Your partner," I said, I moved my mask off my face. "Get him to cover, now!"

 I turned to help Barry as Joe picked up Eddie and moved him to the other side of the car. "Barry, Canary, this thing's getting closer, wind speeds are 200 miles per hour and increasing," Cisco said. "Can you hear me?"

"Copy," I said.

"Loud and clear," Barry said.

"If it keeps up, this could become an F-5 tornado," Cisco said.

"And It's heading right for the city," I said. "I can try and distract Mardon" 

"Be careful" Barry warned.

I got as close as possible, feeling the slight pain of the wind hitting my face. I took a stance and let out the scream. The Tornado appeared to slow down slightly, but Mardon still had it going.

"How else can we stop it?" Barry asked. No one responded. "What if...  What if I unravel it?"

"How?" Caitlin and I asked at the same time.

"I'll run around it in the opposite direction, cut off its legs" Barry explained, I could see him getting ready.

"Isn't that dangerous?" I asked. 

"Your body may not be able to handle those speeds. You'll die" Caitlin said.

"I have to try," Barry said, he looked at me and nodded.

"I'll try and distract Mardon again, maybe slow him down some more," I said. "Be careful, Barr"

I got closer to Mardon and let out my scream, the tornado slowed down again and Barry came running. I stopped screaming and Barry began running around the tornado. I fell back and watched in awe. Mardon did something and Barry was thrown across the field.

"Barry!" I exclaimed.

"It's too strong, even with Avery distracting him," Barry said, jumping up. I watched as the Tornado got bigger, I began backing away, trying to as far back as possible. 

"You can do this, Barry" Wells came onto the comms. "You were right. I am responsible for all this. So many people have been hurt because of me. When I looked at you, all I saw was another potential victim of my hubris, and yes, I created this madness. But you and Avery, you can stop it, you can do this. Now run, Barry, run"

Barry took off, he ran around faster than I had seen him before, the lightning became one blurred line among the bottom of the growing grey tornado. The Tornado began going slower and slower, and eventually, with one loud clap, it dissolved into the air. "Holy.." I gasped, "He did it, he cut off the tornado"

"Yes!" Cisco cheered. 

Barry was starting to stand up when Mardon walked behind him, "Hey" He said. He held a gun in his hand, beginning to hold it up and aim at Barry. I let out the scream and he kneeled to the ground, covering his ears.

I stopped and raced over to Barry, helping him up. Mardon looked at us. "What's happening?" Caitlin asked.

"I didn't think there was anyone else like me," Mardon said. 

"We're nothing like you," I said, he began trying to stand up. 

"You're a murderer" Barry stated.

Mardon held the gun up again to shot at me this time, but another gunshot went off and Mardon hit the ground. I nearly jumped, looking over to where Joe and Eddie were. Joe had his gun raised and was clearly worried. "Oh my god..." I sighed. Joe ran over to us.

"Barry? Avery?" Caitlin asked.

"It's over," Barry said, taking my hand. "We're okay"

I could hear the sighs of relief as Joe approached us. "Barry" Joe sighed, hugging him.

"One hell of a first mission..."