Chapter 2: Bone To Pick

Author's Note: Just a warning that there's quite a bit of bad language in this chapter.

"We can't do this."
"We so are!" The Five Guys sat under an old oak tree in the nearby park after school that day, discussing their thoughts on the talent show being held. Nikita and Mikolas specifically seemed to have very mixed views.
"There isn't a way I'm going to stand on a s-s-stage in front of the w-whole school." Niki persisted, the thought of even standing in front of a large group of people made him shudder, nevermind performing!
"Oh c'mon man!" Mikolas begged. "You'll really enjoy it once you get up there, plus I've heard you sing a bunch of times- you ain't half bad."
"You've heard me sing!?" Niki felt like he was going to faint. "And who said I was going to sing? I could have some kind of magic act to show off for all you know."

Miki couldn't help himself- he burst out laughing in Niki's face, leading him to cross his arms and roll his eyes.
"Don't pretend, Nikita. You want to sing, I can totally tell. Plus, if you do it, I bet Kostya, Ari and Benji would do it too."
"Oh hell yeah!" Benji exclaimed. "Can I dance too?"
"Sure whatever, have fun! Kostya?"
"Fine. As long as I'm allowed to set the stage on fire."
"Ari?" There was a long pause, Miki waited in anticipation, biting his lip and nodding his head at Ari to say yes.
"Hmm. I mean it does sound fun... oh sure!"
Mikolas screamed in victory while Nikita had his head in his hands. Looks like they'd won him over on this one.

After school the very next day, The Five Guys met up in the drama studio, ready for their first day of talent show rehearsals. There were surprisingly a lot more people there than the boys had expected. Keiino stood at the very front of the room, mildly chatting whilst they waited for the all the attending students to arrive.
"Okay everyone, feel free to sit down." Tom announced, facing the crowd of excited students before him. He looked over at Alexandra, gesturing her to address their unexpectedly vast audience.

"We thank you all for attending our first ever rehearsal!" She began, running her fingers through her short, straight hair. "Its an honour to be able to host a show like this at our high school for the first time ever."
"We also hope to make this an annual thing." Fred added. "If this goes well, that is."
"So!" Tom said, making his way back to the centre of the two. "First we'd like to go over names and acts. Please make a single file line to the left of the room."
The room of students slowly began to make a line, The Five Guys joining them, while Alex and Tom got out pads of paper and pens.

"I still have a really bad idea about this guys." Nikita persisted for the third time that day, nibbling at his lip again.
"Oh please, Niki," Ari pleaded, "Don't get cold feet now! I promise you're gonna have a ton of fun. We get to hang out everyday after school, we get  limelight, we get to watch other people do really entertaining things..."
"And we get to watch them hilariously fail." Kostya muttered under his breath.
"Yeah, watch ME fail!" Niki shuddered.
"Don't kid yourself! You'll do great I can see it now. You sing like an angel, Nikita." Kostya said so smoothly and it seemed quite sentimental and sweet for him, he looked into his eyes softly. Time froze for Nikita in those few moments, he felt warm inside and couldn't help smiling. He gave in to their pleads, sighed and stepped back into the line.

As they waited in line, a pair of students walked by, recognising the group of boys.
"Oh well look what we have here." Mikolas looked up, immediately locking glares with the Swedish sophomore in front of him. Robin Bengtsson, with the addition of his toxic sidekick Eduard Romanyuta, a Moldovan known for being the ultimate heart-breaker.
"Well if it isn't my favourite asshole." Sneered Kostya, discreetly clenching his fists behind his back.
"So all of you think you're joining the talent show, huh?" Mocked Eduard, blowing a bubble with his gum for added effect.
"Think?  What do you mean think?
We are joining this show." Mikolas said, stepping out of the line- face to face with the two menacing teens.

"Look, Josef." Robin's face lured inches away from Miki's "You stay out of my way. You stay out of my sight. And you stay out of my show, that or you and your little boyfriend 'll end up like your little goth kid reject friend did. Beaten. To. Shit." Benji could hear Kostya's breathing intensify, his body beginning to shake in rage. He quickly grabbed him by the shoulders, restraining him from going rabid on the slick bad boy threatening his friends.
"Ari, Niki, help me out here." He whispered, struggling to hold the wreckless Ukrainian back. Ari hesitated then grabbed him by the waist; to no prevail.

"Aww well look who's ready for round 2." Robin growled, nudging Ed behind him.
"Looks like someone just wasn't satisfied with getting his ass beat the first time around! Ed sniggered, looking Kostya up and down in disrespect.
"Keep walking, dipshit. You think I want anything to do with you?" He answered.
"Look kiddo. You got a bone to pick with me, I won't just make you bleed. You try it this time, and I put you in a fucking wheelchair."
Kostya started trying to pull away from Ari and Benji's grasps- ready to lunge at this human life-ruiner. The guys kept tight hold, keeping him back from a fight he really didn't want to involve himself in.

Nikita panicked, he couldn't bear to see him bleed and bruised again. It hurt him as much as it hurt Kostya. Trying to think of what to do, he quickly ran in front of Kostya, putting his hands on his cheeks and stared into his eyes in the most serious demeaner he could manage.
Tom looked up at the two.
"Hey, can I take names?"
"Pull yourself together, Konstantyn!" Suddenly all eyes were on the pair. Kostya's breathing began to slow down, his eyes widening and his pupils dedialating. Ari and Benji felt his body relax and loosen. It worked.
"Am I interrupting something?" Tom asked, slightly concerned.
"Uh no! In fact, yes you can take names. Kostya, Benji, Mikolas, Ari and Nikita." He looked over at his friends behind him. "And we'll all be singing."